Connections from Europe?

cyberwolf_uk

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
After a 12+ hour virus and malware scan, good news... nothing found!

I'm currently thinking it's probably not nefarious but I'm going forward with some type of shield against external threats (VPN, ZeroTier, etc). The problem right now is that the system this is occurring on is >2,000 miles away and I don't want to mess something up and lose my remote connection. That's a looooong drive! ;)
In that case install Chrome Remote Desktop on the remote PC and the local... From there you will be able to control the >2000 mile away pc as if you were sitting in front of it (as long as you have an internet connection) so you can mess around without fear of not being able to get back on the PC. Unless you f*ck up your router that is, but can't see how that would happen unless you did something really stupid. FYI "Chrome Remote Desktop" works like TeamViewer / LogMeIn without the need for somebody at the other end to accept the connection. I've used it for years and years without issues.

jmburton2001

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
In that case install Chrome Remote Desktop
That's what I currently use. I also use AnyDesk and Jump Desktop as backups. Your second point is my concern, f*cking something up and losing my ability to connect. Like I mentioned, it's a loooong drive. :cool:

jmburton2001

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Well it appears that I can breathe a little easier for now. I wasn't looking forward to jumping in half-cocked and screwing something up this far from the physical equipment.

The connections that BI Tools is making today go to "Oracle Cloud" again. Those German connections must have been attributable to Oracle's load balancing.

I'll be keeping an eye on it until I find my best non-rash or hasty solution... :thumb: