Consider an "Emergency" button?

Wen

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Let's say that you get an alert on your cell phone, and you check it thinking it's probably a false alarm. But in this case it's a real alert. For this scenario there's two adult males walking behind your house up to your back door. You don't recognize either subject.

Is there any way, with one button, to go to a "All record" status? I know you can do it camera by camera, but I'm wondering if an emergency button would be a useful feature?

Maybe this feature is already there, and I'm just not aware. I'm finding new features everyday by reading this forum.

Thanks.

Reaction score
Let's say that you get an alert on your cell phone, and you check it thinking it's probably a false alarm. But in this case it's a real alert. For this scenario there's two adult males walking behind your house up to your back door. You don't recognize either subject.

Is there any way, with one button, to go to a "All record" status? I know you can do it camera by camera, but I'm wondering if an emergency button would be a useful feature?

Maybe this feature is already there, and I'm just not aware. I'm finding new features everyday by reading this forum.

Thanks.
Currently such a button does not exist. The idea is appealing and is already on Ken's list (We proposed such a button a long time ago already :))
But.. Ken has to determine what new features he is able to implement first, and we will have tot wait until it's time this one makes it into the actual production version of BI.

A word around for this moment would be to have anothe profile or schedule that you could switch towards, where you could setup that profile or schedule to indeed record all cams at highest framerate and resolution. Hope this helps?

Atoombunker

Reactions: Wen

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
A word around for this moment would be to have anothe profile or schedule that you could switch towards, where you could setup that profile or schedule to indeed record all cams at highest framerate and resolution. Hope this helps?

Atoombunker
Blue Iris does not control camera frame rate or resolution... but you certainly could do the rest of what you said, and set up a profile that records all cameras continuously and switch manually to that profile whenever you want. It would be advisable to use direct to disk recording though so as to not overload the CPU in the time of greatest need. :)

Wen

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Thanks Atoombunker:

That's a suggestion that I never considered. I'm going to set that up in the near future.