Considering a 1.3mp fast dome

Reaction score
Hello everyone,

I've been reading though a lot of these threads to get an idea of what camera to go with but I have a few questions.

1. I see a lot of people mentioning import fees, are there any for shipment to the U.S. and if so what might I expect to pay? Most people mentioning anything about paying to import are not in the US.

2. My DVR says it supports ONVIF IP cams (its a 4 channel tribrid amcrest DVR) the camera supports this as well but I read that it limits functionality. Would I be able to just allow my dvr to record whatever the camera is seeing but use the computer to control it to the fullest extent? This is causing me a little confusion.

3. I see people mentioning they spoke with Monica directly, is this necessary before ordering? To get the best price or what? And if so are there good ways to negotiate with her?

This is the particular one I was considering http://m.aliexpress.com/item/32281787873.html

wxman

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
If the price is over $200, then I would be prepared to pay import fees in the U.S. If I'm not mistaken, I believe some here reported paying something like $26 for import fees. Price can vary depending on how much they write the customs value for, which may vary depending on who actually packs/ships the order.

It would work with an ONVIF DVR as far as getting a picture and recording it, but my understanding is that some of the features within the camera would require a Hikvision DVR. Not sure what features this is and it may vary depending on the particular DVR you have.

There is a messaging system in Aliexpress that lets you message the seller. It should be a "contact seller" or something to that nature in the ad listing. That's what I did. Others have reported using Skype and they may be able to comment more on that.

Reaction score
Thanks for the reply, I sent her a message to open a dialog, I also read up that if the cost is under $200 to the US there are no tariffs.

I suppose that leaves me with figuring out controlling this thing. Realistically I want to be able to control and program it via the web interface/software and just let the DVR record whatever I do with it. Maybe set up some scanning patterns or take over manual control when necessary. I have some unsavory neighbors who abuse methamphetamine, have random people over at all hours of the night, drive without license and insurance and steal (although not from this neighborhood) I'm trying to collect evidence for criminal or civil matters.

Reaction score
Well I pulled the trigger on it, I was reminded that the Chinese new year is coming up soon and didn't want to risk not getting it in the next few weeks. Monica never responded to my initial message, she did however reply to my order. I asked some more questions and she didn't reply, hopefully she will tomorrow. I didn't get a chance to negotiate or try to get a better deal but oh well.