Considering Blue Iris for customer upgrade

Snizz

n3wb
Reaction score
A customer of mine has two locations, one with a legacy analog Night Owl DVR and 21 analog cameras, and a second location with all IP cameras and a failing Hikvision NVR. I want to upgrade them to BI, but not sure of the best way to integrate that many analog cameras to the new system. Internal capture card? Is there an external device that might be better?

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
Some DVRs support sending video streams over the network, so you might be able to load the cameras in Blue Iris by pulling them from the NVR.

1596654219913.png

Not a lot of people try capture cards anymore so I don't have a clue how cost-effective that route may be, or how well it might work.

Snizz

n3wb
Reaction score
Some DVRs support sending video streams over the network, so you might be able to load the cameras in Blue Iris by pulling them from the NVR.

View attachment 68059

Not a lot of people try capture cards anymore so I don't have a clue how cost-effective that route may be, or how well it might work.
I'll try that streaming option, thank you!

Old Timer

Known around here
Reaction score
I have been able to stream from almost all DVR's, it might take a bit of time to figure out
the parameters to use.
I use VPN to connect the sites. After they see the difference in good IP cameras, swap in IP cameras.