Console locking up BI 5 and Win 10

Old Timer

n3wb
Reaction score
I have 2 machines that the console locks up occasionally.
You can usually click exit and console will exit, then re-run it and it will work like it should. It happens probably 1-2 times a week. BI Service is still running and video is recorded.

Any idea where to go before I email support?

Both are HP Pro400G5 with I5-8500 with 16 G memory. Dedicated to running Blue Iris only.

One has a 256 M2 drive for system, and 8Tb WD purple for video. Fresh install, new ver 5 key.
Domain environment with Kaspersky Antivirus, tight VNC, APC ups app to shut down PC if ups runs down.
16 cameras at 2Mb and average 5 frames/sec

Second one has a 1T system drive, and 4Tb WD purple for video.Had BI ver 4 for a 3-4 months, then full install of ver 5 with new key.
No domain, Avast antivirus, team viewer, tight VNC,
18 cameras + 3 clones, all streamed from a DVR (3 total DVR), average 3Mb and 5 frames/sec

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
What is your CPU and memory usage on these systems?

Old Timer

n3wb
Reaction score
Second pc runs 22 to 26% and 4.7g used. 10 to 12% gpu.
I'll have to check the first pc tomorrow.
Updates shut down add much as possible.
A lot are direct to disk.

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
Well it does sound like there might be a BI service bug then. I close my local console window often enough that I'm not sure I would notice if it froze every few days.

So you should probably contact support. Maybe he'll have heard of this happening before and know of a possible fix like updating your graphics driver or something.

Old Timer

n3wb
Reaction score
Thanks bp,
I will drop an email then. He's good about looking into things.
It happens if its minimized, windowed, or full screen. No memory leak like I seen with ver 4, so I'm stumped.

Old Timer

n3wb
Reaction score
I got a reply from BI and asked for windows error logs.
After sending these, I received a reply from Ken asking for a little more info.
It looks like he is making some changes to help stability, so I will load it and let you all know.