Continuous Signal: network retry

Mambo

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi All

hope someone can help

I have been testing BI on my PC for about 6 weeks and it works great, the pc is under powered so i now have a new pc and i am setting up bi

I have copied all the settings from the old pc to the new one and the video keeps stop-starting and i get continuous errors:

4 28/08/2019 21:53:56 Cam1 Signal: restored
1 28/08/2019 21:54:26 Cam1 Signal: network retry
1 28/08/2019 21:54:56 Cam1 Signal: network retry
4 28/08/2019 21:55:00 Cam1 Signal: restored
1 28/08/2019 21:55:30 Cam1 Signal: network retry

I am still running bi on the old machine and it is running perfectly, but on the new one i have this issue so its a problem with the machine setup and not the camera or cabling

Both machines have windows 10 pro latest updates and same av software and both are on Ethernet only at 1000Mb connected to the same switch

Anyone got any ideas?

Tinbum

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I get a similar problem and out of about 40 cameras it's only with 4 that are the same brand, Panasonic. Setting their IP to static in the camera itself cured it for a while but then it came back again. It only started when I went to BI5. Thankfully mine seem to be only down for a couple of seconds 2 / 3 times a day.

Mambo

n3wb
Reaction score
Thanks, I’m getting this on a dahua camera using bi5. The camera has a static ip address. As I’ve already said it still works perfectly on the old machine but not the new one so I’m trying to find out what is causing the issue

Mambo

n3wb
Reaction score
Resolved - the new pc didnt like hardware acceleration as intel, needed to be default - hope this helps someone else

dchaos

n3wb
Reaction score
I am suddenly having a similar issue but nothing has changed except for updates to BI, Windows, and NVIDIA. Guessing one of those are the suspect. I've changed so many settings to no avail. Specifically does it more on my newer cameras, 3MP+.

Mambo

n3wb
Reaction score
I am suddenly having a similar issue but nothing has changed except for updates to BI, Windows, and NVIDIA. Guessing one of those are the suspect. I've changed so many settings to no avail. Specifically does it more on my newer cameras, 3MP+.
Check the hardware acceleration setting in bi, needs to be default, or failing that try the other options for this. Worst case scenario try rolling back the updates

dchaos

n3wb
Reaction score
Thanks. I'll keep playing with it. Seems every now and then I have to do this but this time it's worse. In the past it's cleared up, not this time, going on two weeks.

Mambo

n3wb
Reaction score
Thanks. I'll keep playing with it. Seems every now and then I have to do this but this time it's worse. In the past it's cleared up, not this time, going on two weeks.
Ok good luck. When I had the problem it was 100% of the time, camera was up and down every minute, since I made the change I mentioned it’s been up all the time