Controlling/Integrating Hikvision & Alarm Systems

bmj

n3wb
Reaction score
Hello Community,

I have built a (seemingly-decent) 14 camera Hikvision (pure) system using a DS-7716N-E4/16P and various IP cameras. Most of the time we have the motion detection settings armed during off hours, however we frequently have events (scheduled and unscheduled) that cause unwanted motion events and email alerts.

I am also considering installing a traditional-ish (wired or wireless) security/fire system, and eventually environmental monitoring and automated building controls. Ideally, I would like to find a security panel that can be integrated with the NVR, such that when the security system is armed the NVR is recording and armed, and when the security system is disarmed the NVR behaves as it would during operating hours -- ultimately letting the security system keypad control alarm behavior of both the security and Hikvision systems. I would also like to wire up some zones/triggers on a security system against alarm outputs from the NVR (and vice versa).

Does anyone have experience or insight on the best way to go about it, and/or best security panels to integrate? Some of the wireless ones don't appear to have hardwired alarm ports (or enough of them), which I suspect are key to making this work.

Thanks in advance,
/b

EDIT: Crossposted to NVR forum as well (sorry).

Last edited by a moderator:

Peter

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
If Hikvision has done it right you could probably connect a smoke alarm to alarm inputs to cameras and label them and setting their conditions/linkage in the camera, nvr etc..
There are access panels and security panels that I have seen having wired/wireless zones - surely these must seamlessly integrate to main NVR and cameras and controlled using iVMS-4200,4500,4520 etc..
You really have to ask specific questions to support about what talks to what - thats my experince.
cheers