Convert queue stops with items still in queue

lowbagg

n3wb
Reaction score
I have BI 5 with the latest updates installed on a windows 2012 R2 server. The software is setup to fall under the administrator with a the permissions needed to function. However, when I add items to the convert queue they start, but then arbitrarily stop after a period of time (sometimes an hour, sometimes 10 hours.. very random). They are all set to convert to a USB drive that is connected to the server directly.

I tried creating a task schedule to restart the BI service at 1am, but the problem still exists after a period time after the restart. What am I missing here? Is it the OS (Server 2012 compatibility?)

Thanks in advance..

lowbagg

n3wb
Reaction score
I have 26TB raided over 16 drives internally. The BVR files stay on that, but when I need to export them to save to a format that is viewable using a video program they need to be converted and stored on an external USB. USB doesn't loose connection and is great for massive data transfers, just wondering why the queue wont finish even when there are files left. Like I said in original post I have a task schedule that restarts service to compensate for a possible USB connection loss.

IAmATeaf

Known around here
Reaction score
If you can reproduce the issue all the time I’d be inclined to log a call with support. You might get back advice on the best method to achieve what you are trying to do.