Copy and Paste cameras

Chim Vang

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Can we copy the firmware of a camera and load it to a similar camera that has problems after upgrade?

c hris527

Known around here
Reaction score
What are the camera models? Are they the same model? Is the second cam bricked? If the second cam that is giving you a issue after the upgrade and is working, you can usually backup the config file from the working camera and upload it to the second camera. If the camera is bricked, you might be able to go in through the back door. Doing it through the back door is not in my skill set but depending on the cam model, a lot of people have done just that.

Chim Vang

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
What are the camera models? Are they the same model? Is the second cam bricked? If the second cam that is giving you a issue after the upgrade and is working, you can usually backup the config file from the working camera and upload it to the second camera. If the camera is bricked, you might be able to go in through the back door. Doing it through the back door is not in my skill set but depending on the cam model, a lot of people have done just that.
Thank you for the info. The second camera was bought from a dealer of Allied Express with bogus name but similar to the first one. It worked nicely with Blue Iris for over a year. After upgrade, it stops working with BI but works OK with N_eye 3C. I can see its IP address and manually set it up with B.I. but the auto and manual configurations don't works!