Corridor/Hallway Mode 1080x1920

tf9623

n3wb
Reaction score
Greetings - I've been reading through postings and trying to find an answer but haven't yet. I found a couple of older posts referencing corridor mode and here's what I've got.

Blue Iris 4.1.4.0 running on 64 bit Windows. Several HiKVision cameras and one is set for hallway/corridor mode so that the camera itself sends a 90 degree rotated image. On the console I changed my layout to 1:9 just so that I can make the front door (1080x1920) the largest thing on the screen.

Is there a way to have this layout or similar appear in the web browser either with the activex or java? I'd prefer to have it viewable from any client but I'll take what I can get. I've tried the Blue Iris Viewer 2.5.2 which is close but still doesn't render one stream larger than the others. I've tried UI2 also. I've tried the anamorphic option. It seems that everything works great running the local console but some items aren't setup to update/render on the web.

I am using an HP Thin Client attached to a 1920x1080 monitor in my living room for monitoring and if this is something that I should run another client on instead of a web client I can do that too.

I can't say enough great things about the product and it amazes me. I have read and found a lot of great tips for optimization on the forum and appreciate the info.

I've attached some screenshots. One shows the version number, one shows the console with all cameras, one shows the desktop with just that group, one shows the web browser using using jpeg (activex renders the same) and finally the BI viewer.

If this is something that I can't do right now that's fine - let me know though if I have missed something. Again I'd like to have the 1080x1920 (or any rotated/portrait image) show up larger than the rest on the web client if that is possible.

Thanks,

Tim

Attachments

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
This is not possible right now. Most of the remote viewing methods use "all cameras" and group images that are generated by Blue Iris' web server. This includes the built-in web interface (and activex plugin), the mobile apps, and my UI2 page.

The java app, BlueIrisViewer, is a little different. It does not use the camera grid streams generated by Blue Iris, but instead pulls each camera stream individually and renders each in the appropriate size and location. So in theory it would be possible for BlueIrisViewer to support any layout including layouts that give certain cameras more screen-space. But someone would have to code that and it is not a trivial matter.

A better solution would be for the Blue Iris developer to add these more advanced layouts to Blue Iris' web server. That way, all remote viewing methods would benefit. You may want to contact him, here, and ask for this feature: http://blueirissoftware.com/contact/

I wouldn't expect it to happen right away, but most of the features I have requested made it in eventually so it is definitely worth your time to ask!

In the meantime, have you considered using a remote desktop method to remotely view your Blue Iris machine from your thin client? TightVNC or Remote Desktop or Multiplicity would be my first suggestions. A 3rd party service like TeamViewer or Splashtop could work, though I don't know if they have any limits that would prevent you from running them 24/7.

tf9623

n3wb
Reaction score
OK - thanks for the info. I had an extremely long day today and I'll play with it some more this weekend. Right now the thin client I've got setup for my wife to watch during the day is like a kiosk - just turn it on and it starts the web client and fires up with no intervention. If I reboot the server it'll reconnect automatically - like a kiosk. Another thing I could do - but lose a little bit of screen real estate - would be fire up two web browsers - one could have the front door camera in a single group and the the browser would point to a group with the other cameras - side by side - and I could script that with the thin client and keep the browser windows a certain size. I just thought of that now - I'll try it and see if that works. As long as I can go directly to a camera group by URL -or- if I could authenticate with a user ID going to one group and another ID to another. There might be a way to hack it until we can have it all in one browser session. I have 1920x1080 to play with..