Corrosion of Corona-ity er Camera cable (Corrosion of Camera cable - play on virus/band name, laugh a lil?)

Reaction score
Greetings and salutations!

A long long time ago, in a galaxy right here, I read reviews on these great Dahua cameras I purchased and I can't thank you enough. HOWEVER! After a few years I've had one problem that I need to figure out how to fix. I have a hunch my cameras (outdoor proof) are still in excellent working order but there's one problem. The cable that extends out from the camera that you plug the PoE or ethernet cable into, a couple (two my cams now) have stopped working and it looks like there is a bad wire in there (inside the plug, its pretty obvious the connection stopped and ive even rewired the ethernet cable going into it (I've made hundreds of these), rubbed the 'plug hole' in light alcohol to clean, etc, its got to be the 'plug holes' lol. I have two that look like that and the 'plug hole' connection part needs replaced. I'm not sure the name of it? Please, i could really use the help and don't think the cams quite need replaced yet.

- Those Dahua's are great minus this issue, my weather here is HOT, HUMID at times, i still have some not weather proof cams ROCKING under a ledge.

Thanks ! :)

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Greetings and salutations!

A long long time ago, in a galaxy right here, I read reviews on these great Dahua cameras I purchased and I can't thank you enough. HOWEVER! After a few years I've had one problem that I need to figure out how to fix. I have a hunch my cameras (outdoor proof) are still in excellent working order but there's one problem. The cable that extends out from the camera that you plug the PoE or ethernet cable into, a couple (two my cams now) have stopped working and it looks like there is a bad wire in there (inside the plug, its pretty obvious the connection stopped and ive even rewired the ethernet cable going into it (I've made hundreds of these), rubbed the 'plug hole' in light alcohol to clean, etc, its got to be the 'plug holes' lol. I have two that look like that and the 'plug hole' connection part needs replaced. I'm not sure the name of it? Please, i could really use the help and don't think the cams quite need replaced yet.

- Those Dahua's are great minus this issue, my weather here is HOT, HUMID at times, i still have some not weather proof cams ROCKING under a ledge.

Thanks ! :)
This issue is not dahua's. It is yours. You have improperly installed the cameras and allowed moisture into the connection.
If the camera and POE circuit are not fired you can simply replace the connection with a standard rj45 jack and properly seal them. Search dahua pinout on the forum to find the threads for the proper wiring sequence.

Arjun

Known around here
Reaction score
I'm still confused by the title of this thread :lol: