Costco Dahua based camera package - my options?

TxStig

n3wb
Reaction score
Hello, I have lurked around on the forums for awhile but unfortunately haven't found helpful guidance into this question which I am hoping some kind soul will be able to assist me with.

Through my better judgement I purchased a camera package from Costco that I believe is based on Dahua underpinnings. The NVR is the LNR416S, the answer to this question will ultimately help me determine if I just return the package or if I try to 'make it work' to my liking.

The primary question is if I can flash the NVR to a 'generic' Dahua version as the FLIR software is driving me crazy. I understand how it could be very user friendly to someone that doesn't want to tinker, but I am not afraid from tinkering to a certain degree. Especially if I get a little more configurability out of it. Hoping one of the gurus on the forum will help me to determine my next steps.

Thank you!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TxStig

n3wb
Reaction score
Also my apologies if this was posted in the incorrect area, feel free to move it if needed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
from what I can see its just a rebranding, trying to put generic dahua firmware on it will just change the look slightly but I doubt it will expose anything you dont already have exposed.

Whats the problem, other than wanting to tinker.. flashing firmware is not recommended, and Dahua does model # checks.. Your NVR is not using a dahua model number so I expect it to completely reject some generic firmware.

If your NVR has built in PoE, plug your laptop into a PoE port and you can access the cameras directly.. they offer more settings for you to tinker.

TxStig

n3wb
Reaction score
Nayr,
Thank you for that response! That is brilliant & something I didn't consider. I will see what possibilities are available, prior to getting this setup in the new home, I was playing with a single Hikvision PoE camera on a Synology NAS using the Synology surveillance station.