Couple of questions

ipcamal

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hello. So after testing out LTS NVR and Blue Iris i returned it and decided to buy and and use Blue Iris. It seems to be running good. Right now I'm going through all the settings, options and have few questions. First my setup:

Main reason for return of the LTS is the loud fan noise.

I have 4 4MP cameras and 1 foscam connected to it. With HA enabled its using 10% cpu with D2D.

Few questions:
Is it better to setup the camera as Generic profile (i did inspect option) or select Hikvision 2CD from the list?

I'm setting up motion detection. Is it better to use hikvision intrusion detection and notify BI4 to record or is it better to use BI4 built in motion? I have LTS equivalent of DS-2CD2342WD-I

I'm trying to exclude part of the frame and set up a mask with Brush then clicked on invert. Is this correct way of excluding the area i don't want to trigger?

mask.PNG

Here is full view of the frame.
view.PNG

What is a good way to eliminate motion triggered by snow /rain?

Thanks in advance

Last edited by a moderator:

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
@ipcamal IF you want to use the in camera motion detection of the hikvision to trigger blue iris, you need to use the find inspect button and also select that option in the motion tab. This will use the onvif profile.
The motion detection you choose to use is a personal preference.
You are not using the mask correctly. Simply darken the area you dont want motion detection to trigger.
You will always have issues with snow and rain. The solution is to create a cloned camera with higher sensitive for alerts only. Leave the recording cameras on sensitive.

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
The solution is to create a cloned camera with higher sensitive for alerts only. Leave the recording cameras on sensitive.
Or just record 24/7 and use the Motion for marking activity for review, storage space is soooo cheap now days why risk missing something because your motion detectors were too restrictive..

this is why we never catch UFO's or Bigfoots on cams, they obviously are impervious to motion detectors.. seriously tho, you never know.. you might be that guy who got footage of a plain crash, asteroid strike, gunshots picked up on a mic, or something crazy you'd of masked off to save a few bits on a hdd..

but totally agree with notifications, too many false notifications is worse than a missed notification unfortunately..

ipcamal

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Thank you for the correction on the masking. Just changed it.

Not sure I follow on the cloning aspect.

The solution is to create a cloned camera with higher sensitive for alerts only. Leave the recording cameras on sensitive

new cloned profile will be used for alerting? wouldn't it create more alerts than what i already have? I don't think i fully understand this part

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Thank you for the correction on the masking. Just changed it.

Not sure I follow on the cloning aspect.

The solution is to create a cloned camera with higher sensitive for alerts only. Leave the recording cameras on sensitive

new cloned profile will be used for alerting? wouldn't it create more alerts than what i already have? I don't think i fully understand this part
You disable alerts on the recording cameras and only set alerts on the cloned camera with a higher threshold.