Coyote Sleeps During Daylight

lulu5kamz

Known around here
Reaction score
This coyote slept across the street from our house today for 90 minutes. There were cars going by and people walking their dogs. I don't think anyone noticed the coyote.

sone

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Now that is interesting because as many coyotes pass my greenbelt I’ve never seen one just hang out any longer than attacking prey. And the greenbelt is way more secluded than this area the coyote chose to snooze. :) Kinda looks like it got stung by a large be or hornet? Thanks for sharing.

CCTVCam

Known around here
Reaction score
Have to wonder with some many dog walkers going by if he's perceiving humans as not being a threat as a result. I soppose to a coyote a dog just looks like another smaller coyote species.

Parley

Known around here
Reaction score
Have to wonder with some many dog walkers going by if he's perceiving humans as not being a threat as a result. I soppose to a coyote a dog just looks like another smaller coyote species.
It has been 3 weeks or so since we have had coyotes in the neighborhood. During that time period a man had left his large male Husky to roam around in the park unleashed. Well guess what, during that time a coyote came wandering into the park and the chase was on with the Husky right on the tail of the coyote. They went North out of the park across a busy street and into the next tract of houses which behind it has a drainage ditch where we think the coyotes hang out. Anyways the owner of the Husky was in hot pursuit but could not keep up. Maybe 10 minutes later the Husky came wandering back looking for its owner safe and sound.

NightLife

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Does he seem tachypneic to anyone else? He's breathing at a rate over 60 bpm which seems excessive. Perhaps he's fighting a pneumonia. Some of his behaviour could be explained .. lethargy, tachypnea etc.

I agree though. it's a healthy looking coyote otherwise...with the exception of his breathing, and that patch of missing fur over it's L eye.

Can you leave a broad spectrum antibiotic or two strapped to a doggie treat for him? haha

lulu5kamz

Known around here
Reaction score
Does he seem tachypneic to anyone else? He's breathing at a rate over 60 bpm which seems excessive. Perhaps he's fighting a pneumonia. Some of his behaviour could be explained .. lethargy, tachypnea etc.

I agree though. it's a healthy looking coyote otherwise...with the exception of his breathing, and that patch of missing fur over it's L eye.

Can you leave a broad spectrum antibiotic or two strapped to a doggie treat for him? haha
I did get an impression that there might be something wrong with him. His behavior does seem strange. He does shake his head quite a bit in other video captures I have of him.

Parley

Known around here
Reaction score
As far as the dogs and Coyotes go at least in my tract the dogs seem to sense that the Coyotes do not belong. I know of two other instances where the dogs were on a leash and went nuts as a Coyote went by. I have also noted Crows dive bombing the Coyotes with the Coyote ducking its head.