CPU Caps at around 60%+ over time

TexasEdge

n3wb
Reaction score
When I first start Blue Iris 5 (version 5.5.5.9 2/22/2022) (6 cameras) on a Windows 11 system - i5-8500, 16 GB ram, integrated graphics, the CPU usage is around 10% or less in Task Manager. Over time, however, CPU usage spikes and stays at around the 60% area regardless of whether cameras are recording or not. I am using substreams with about 20 fps. I also have Quicksync turned on (intel hardware acceleration).

I honestly don't remember having this issue in the past, but I believe it started several months ago because all of a sudden I can hear the fan sound coming from the PC. Perhaps it was related to a Windows 11 update over the past several months ago, but it's difficult to pin down the cause. I also haven't updated Blue Iris since the 2022 update so I'm not sure if that's the issue.

Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thank you.

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I suggest turning off QuickSync in BI first.
If no joy, try rolling back the video driver.

TexasEdge

n3wb
Reaction score
I tried QuickSync to see if it would work better. It worked the same implying that it's not the issue. I'm not sure the video driver will matter given that it's integrated graphics, no?

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Many issues over the years have been a result of video drivers.

If there went issues with drivers, there would be no need for a wiki devoted to video drivers.

TexasEdge

n3wb
Reaction score
Many issues over the years have been a result of video drivers.

If there went issues with drivers, there would be no need for a wiki devoted to video drivers.

I'm running Windows 11 with an i5-8500. How would I know if my GPU has a memory leak? All the examples are for no higher than Windows 10.