CPU monitoring software. Anyone have some recommendations?

Tiger_Claw

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Anyone know of a decent (and preferably free) product to monitor your CPU usage for Windows?
Sure... There is Task Manager, but let's get real here.

I prefer something that displays in a small window (like Core Temp) that I wouldn't mind running 24/7 on my desktop.

Thanks

gordo

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I use All CPU meter V 4.7.3 by addgadgets.com on my desktop

Tiger_Claw

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I use All CPU meter V 4.7.3 by addgadgets.com on my desktop
That looks great, but sadly it doesn't appear Windows 10 supports it and the download option at addgadgets.com doesn't seem to work. I download from another site, but Norton Antivirus tagged it as being a high threat. Go figure. There is probably some bogus downloads out there. :mad-new:

TiGeR

Tiger_Claw

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I'll do a little research on that.

thanks for pointing it out. It does look nice.

TiGeR

lgRich

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
They are always some risk to use any 3[SUP]rd[/SUP] party program or App including MS ones…

Like explained in the “answers.microsoft...” you can do-it safely…

I use this two great tools All CPU Meter and Network Meter from http://addgadgets.com/ until many years without any problems…

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
The "gadget" security problem is that gadgets are often designed to load content and run scripts obtained from remote servers, and if those servers are compromised, the scripts could do anything. A CPU meter should be about as safe as it gets.

By the way, if you are using Blue Iris, Blue Iris Tools has CPU monitoring ability, and it can output CPU usage to a file which you can then overlay onto a camera view.

Tiger_Claw

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
By the way, if you are using Blue Iris, Blue Iris Tools has CPU monitoring ability, and it can output CPU usage to a file which you can then overlay onto a camera view.
Really? Would that be continuous and live monitoring? That's all I really need. I normally run all my BI video inside desktop windows. It kind of sucks because I can no longer view the main app screen displaying the CPU usage, etc.

Would you mind providing a step-by-step setup of your recommendations. Only ask to help others out as well.

TiGeR