CPU Overloading

FlipNJ

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I'm on 5.5.7.9. Randomly and often, BI tacks out my CPU. I have 12 camera feeds and the system usually runs about 27% or under. It seems after using a browser, my CPU is running at almost 100% with BI running. Not sure where to start but its super annoying and clips are jittery, jerky and just crap.
I force ending the app in task manager, restart BI and all is fine. WTF! Getting annoying

AMD Ryzen 9 5900HX with Radeon Graphics 3.30 GHz 32 Gigs RAM

FlipNJ

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Went through optimization and recommendations and it still pegs my CPU after opening a browser. Mostly seems like Chrome. I'm going to try using a different browser and avoiding chrome to see if it is resolved. Kind of weird how BI is what is showing intense CPU usage but only after opening and closing a browser.

Flintstone61

Known around here
Reaction score
If it's a laptop that could be the power stepping. Like opening more cores or more cpu speed.....on demand.
Mobile processors job is to save battery life. so it will only run what it needs to based on demand.

FlipNJ

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
If it's a laptop that could be the power stepping. Like opening more cores or more cpu speed.....on demand.
Mobile processors job is to save battery life. so it will only run what it needs to based on demand.
You may be right but I wonder why it is never stepping back down. I will check the BIOS and see if there's something I can adjust.