CPU Percent not Accurate

dhaemion

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi!

I was looking at my camera server today and noticed a strange anomaly. When I look at blue iris it says my CPU is around 70% but when I look at the actual CPU percent in the task manager it is more in the range of 20-30%. Is anyone else seeing this? I'm worried about making the software go over 100%, but clearly the CPU is not being hit that hard. It is a Dell Poweredge with 8GB of ram and a Intel Xeon 3.7GHz 4 core with hyper threading (I thought it was very odd that I could only run about 8 cameras on something like that before it started maxing out). Thanks!

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
You can max out any BI server very quickly if you don't keep the frame rates under control and use direct to disk on all the cameras.

Windows 8 and later have two different CPU readings in the task manager. Which tab are you reading the CPU usage from? Maybe BI is showing total server usage while in task manager you are only looking at blueiris.exe's usage? I'm not sure exactly which number Blue Iris shows in its own CPU readout.

dhaemion

n3wb
Reaction score
I thought these might help. This is what I'm seeing when I compare the Blue Iris (back window) to the task manager. The server is running 2012 R2. I'm just a bit hesitant to keep adding cameras to it in case there is some sort of artificial CPU limit in the program or it doesn't support hyper threading or something. Thanks for replying!

View attachment 7003View attachment 7004

Attachments

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
That is strange, certainly. You might want to contact Blue Iris support about that. If you are not on the latest BI version, update it first.