cpu usage with BI

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
@Jack B NimbleYou can also use the traffic signal..simply uncheck every option in the settings except disable alert. Now you can toggle alerts with the traffic signal.
If you would get the blue iris mobile app you can do this as well as change profiles as others have suggested, from your phone.

Jack B Nimble

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Yes but, would that not be a manual activation for the setting. I donot arrive and leave same time everyday. I was looking more for a automated arrival notice say when I turn off alarm or ?

Ssayer

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
You can use GeoFence via the app as ruppmeister suggested.
Or flip the switch on the traffic signal via the app.
Or change the profile via the app.

Any of the above works...

Ssayer

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
I have both apps (and now I very rarely use Tinycam Pro). You just can't beat the BI app for the BI setup...

Optimus Prime

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I've installed BI as a service. Without pulling up the console, I have two instances running under user System. When I launch the console to make changes, I end up with a third instance under my user name.

Is there a way to access the console without running a third process and eating up additional CPU cycles??

BlueIrisService.PNGBlueIrisService2.PNG

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
New app does that eh I guess it's time to update. Thanks everyone.
The app allowed profile and traffic light changes from day one, geofence has been around for a very long time (march 2014, in blue iris 3), its not new. The app has always functioned well, you were misinformed. Its kills tinycam because it can review video and has tons of other functions..if ten dollars is too much for you, then i guess you can live with manually disabling it every day and miss out on the other functions.

wcrowder

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I've installed BI as a service. Without pulling up the console, I have two instances running under user System. When I launch the console to make changes, I end up with a third instance under my user name.

Is there a way to access the console without running a third process and eating up additional CPU cycles??

View attachment 9777View attachment 9776
No. Look again at your screen shots. What CPU cycles are you talking about? Think about it...

Last edited by a moderator:

Optimus Prime

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hi Crowder. In the uploaded examples I have listed:

Without the console open:
  • BlueIrisService at 0% CPU
  • BlueIris.exe at 17% CPU

With the console open:

• BlueIris.exe at 21% CPU
  • BlueIris.exe (the 2nd instance) at 2% CPU

Are we able to access settings without opening a 2nd instance of BlueIris.exe?

BlueIrisService.PNGBlueIrisService2.PNG

wcrowder

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hi Crowder. In the uploaded examples I have listed:

Without the console open:
  • BlueIris.exe at 17% CPU

With the console open:

• BlueIris.exe at 21% CPU
  • BlueIris.exe (the 2nd instance) at 2% CPU

Are we able to access settings without opening a 2nd instance of BlueIris.exe?

View attachment 9781View attachment 9782
Putting it as simple as I can. BlueIrisServeice.exe is basically the cars "Starter Motor", you should also see a ">" before it, it's 0% because it is the "service station", basically only there when it's needed. Just a stub.

"BlueIris Iris Video Security and Webcam Software" is the actual application, 21%. Both are "System".

When you open up a "Display" instance to view the cameras it shows as another instance to display the video on your monitor. It takes 2% to render the video. The display instance should show in "Apps". If you stop displaying video and you save 2%. Older versions of windows are different verbiage, but it's the same thing. It's the way it works...

So the answer is no, you cannot get rid of the 0% service or the 21% child process from the service. When you wish to view the video on the same machine it will cost 2%. Look at Blue Iris Tools and then BP's web utilities for client display.

Last edited by a moderator:

Optimus Prime

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
That's what I figured.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk