CPU usage

Kentg

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
For those who use a desktop what is your average CPU usage per camera? I just came onboard with a HIKvision DS-2CD2T42WD-I3 4MM cam. Its on a BlueIris package and the CPU usage is up and down from low teens to low 20s depending on what I have no idea. I am set to record only images and clips at what I think is the highest quality. Running a i5 3g processor I don't do a lot else with this machine other than surf and download movies etc per normal homeowners. Opening the Hikvision SAD package does double more or less what the cam is using on BI. I hope to add 2 more outdoor cams and an occasional indoor wireless for when we are gone.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
For those who use a desktop what is your average CPU usage per camera? I just came onboard with a HIKvision DS-2CD2T42WD-I3 4MM cam. Its on a BlueIris package and the CPU usage is up and down from low teens to low 20s depending on what I have no idea. I am set to record only images and clips at what I think is the highest quality. Running a i5 3g processor I don't do a lot else with this machine other than surf and download movies etc per normal homeowners. Opening the Hikvision SAD package does double more or less what the cam is using on BI. I hope to add 2 more outdoor cams and an occasional indoor wireless for when we are gone.
Its varies by the resoultion of the camera and framerate. Are you recording direct to disc? it is important that you use direct to disc recording. Also, what is the exact model of the i5? performance varies greatly by model.

Kentg

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Its varies by the resoultion of the camera and framerate. Are you recording direct to disc? it is important that you use direct to disc recording. Also, what is the exact model of the i5? performance varies greatly by model.
i5 2320 3g