Create separate "dog" channel

PeteDD

n3wb
Reaction score
I've been using BI for over a year and have it fine-tuned to alert to persons with CodeProject AI. Great. Now I wonder if it would be possible to set up separate alerts for say dogs or birds (for bird watchers, for example with a camera on a bird feeder) such that these alerts go to separate notifications, routed to different place, than the person alerts. If you will, a security alert (for persons) and a hobby alert (for birds). And then send the latest confirmed bird (or dog) alert to a separate web address such that one could just have a way to view the latest bird (or dog) alert video. Ideally imagine an application: "where are the dogs?"... the latest alert confirmed with dogs in the image would be available to be viewed on a "where are the dogs" website.

Thanks!

jaydeel

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
Alert tab ‘On alert’ actions provide the ability to send notifications based a ’Required AI object” (or several).

Switching to Pushover notifications will provide your other requests. You can specify the devices that receive the confirmed alert notifications. You can create additional application tokens (e.g., one for people, one for hobbies, etc.). Each application token comes with its own 10,000 notifications per month allocation. Pushover has a one-time $5 cost for each platform you use (Android, iOS, Browser).

PeteDD

n3wb
Reaction score
Thanks @jaydeel. That reference is very helpful. A lot of that will apply directly to my objective but I failed to better describe what I really want to do and it is not really a phone alert. Rather, what I want to do is to save the last confirmed "dog" alert jpg and mp4 to respective files that are replaced as new dog triggers happen. Then, I can make a "dog last seen" webpage which displays the jpg and mp4. I am thinking that I can use the on alert/ftp upload image functionality but can I bypass using ftp and just save the files locally, say to lastdog.jpg and lastdog.mp4?

jaydeel

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
Thanks @jaydeel. That reference is very helpful. A lot of that will apply directly to my objective but I failed to better describe what I really want to do and it is not really a phone alert. Rather, what I want to do is to save the last confirmed "dog" alert jpg and mp4 to respective files that are replaced as new dog triggers happen. Then, I can make a "dog last seen" webpage which displays the jpg and mp4. I am thinking that I can use the on alert/ftp upload image functionality but can I bypass using ftp and just save the files locally, say to lastdog.jpg and lastdog.mp4?
The jpgs are stored locally in the Alerts folder - if you are requesting them.
Why bother with MP4s at all? Consider creating a link to stream the alert using UI3 with rec= argument to play the Alert directly from your "dog last seen" webpage.

PeteDD

n3wb
Reaction score
So I went off and spent a few hours with UI3. It's a great tool indeed and I had not realized how extensive the functionality is.
But I am still at a loss as to how to stream ONLY the last "dog"-triggered alert clip. That is, I want a user to just be able to go to a web address and, without having to click on anything else, see the last "dog" triggered alert clip.
I can pull up all of the dog alerts with: ui3.htm?t=clips&v=alerts&cs=dog but that still gives me the full screen of live cameras with the alerts in the left column.
Am I missing something basic here?
THANKS!

Last edited:

jaydeel

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
The last alert is the topmost entry in the clips list.
I don’t know how to make UI3 stream that entry. Calling @bp2008

You can addi url arguments &group= or &cam= to limit the cameras displayed.

jaydeel

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
If you are comfortable coding, check out the JSON interface command ‘alertlist’’. Use its ‘camera’ and ‘search’ parameters to return an array of alerts (the same shown in UI3’s cliplist when viewing a single camera) . The [0]th element is the last alert. You can use this element’s ‘path’ parameter to programmatically create the desired UI3 url.

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
So I went off and spent a few hours with UI3. It's a great tool indeed and I had not realized how extensive the functionality is.
But I am still at a loss as to how to stream ONLY the last "dog"-triggered alert clip. That is, I want a user to just be able to go to a web address and, without having to click on anything else, see the last "dog" triggered alert clip.
I can pull up all of the dog alerts with: ui3.htm?t=clips&v=alerts&cs=dog but that still gives me the full screen of live cameras with the alerts in the left column.
Am I missing something basic here?
THANKS!
There's a UI setting for this. But no way to set that with a URL parameter. You'd need to pre-configure this setting to open the "First" (top) item in the list when it loads.

1714797151561.png