Crenova Camera Mask Issue

PaulNH

n3wb
Reaction score
I purchased a Crenova® Waterproof 1280*720P HD ONVIF iCloud Webcam Mini Dome Security IP Cam IR Night Vision Camera Outdoor Indoor, from Amazon.com. The camera is simply mounted on the inside of my porch facing the door/mailbos and partially covers the driveway. After the installation I noted that my wife's small flag and wind chimes kept setting off the camera. I placed two "masks" over the offending things. Later we moved the flag. I have attempted to remove the masks without any success. I removed the camera, re-installed it...yet the "Mask" remains. Finally I sent Crenova an e-mail.... and they simply reimbursed me for the camera, my lucky day. I don't plan on taking the camera down... it works fine except for the "mask".... Just wondering if anyone else has ever experienced this. The camera is an IP Camera and I save the images/video's to my home PC. Mask.JPG

PaulNH

n3wb
Reaction score
I was hoping that the company would help lead me to the "resets" but instead they gave me a refund. That's OK, because I can still use the camera... it's just weird that I can't remove the Masked area. Even if I delete the software, remove the camera... and reinstall everything. Sigh.... Thanks for your suggestion !!

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I was hoping that the company would help lead me to the "resets" but instead they gave me a refund. That's OK, because I can still use the camera... it's just weird that I can't remove the Masked area. Even if I delete the software, remove the camera... and reinstall everything. Sigh.... Thanks for your suggestion !!
The reset option would be in the camera itself, generally under a tab called maintenance or something similar. You should also simply go to the mask tab and select clear or similar option, or click on the mask and remove it.
Deleting the software will not help as the masks are stored in the camera.

PaulNH

n3wb
Reaction score
The problem is that the camera is a sealed unit so there is no way I can access it. I have tried repeatedly to remove the mask however it stays right where it is. I have also looked through all the tabs in the control program and there is nothing that would let you reset to the factory default settings.... that's why I contacted the vendor.... but alas... it seems like it can't be done (yet.. I have not given up entirely).

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
The problem is that the camera is a sealed unit so there is no way I can access it. I have tried repeatedly to remove the mask however it stays right where it is. I have also looked through all the tabs in the control program and there is nothing that would let you reset to the factory default settings.... that's why I contacted the vendor.... but alas... it seems like it can't be done (yet.. I have not given up entirely).
You access the camera view web browser - you dont open the actual camera, though some have internal reset buttons on the inside. The camera is a mini computer, it has an ip address, you can log into it directly and adjust settings.

PaulNH

n3wb
Reaction score
You access the camera view web browser - you dont open the actual camera, though some have internal reset buttons on the inside. The camera is a mini computer, it has an ip address, you can log into it directly and adjust settings.
OMG !!! Your the MAN !!!!!! Thank you so much.... worked like a charm once I accessed the IP address.... I can't thank you enough !!!