Crimping tool in store

countrycamera

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Question.

Am I missing something with this crimping tool that I bought through the link in the store on this site with cutting off the ends? There isn't a blade to cut the ends off when crimping. What is the trick to do this? Do you use the blades on the side after crimping?

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Question.

Am I missing something with this crimping tool that I bought through the link in the store on this site with cutting off the ends? There isn't a blade to cut the ends off when crimping. What is the trick to do this? Do you use the blades on the side after crimping?
That one does NOT trim the wires from a pass-through RJ-45 connector, you'd have to use your own flush cutters AFTER crimping.
Such crimpers are available but they specify that they crimp AND trim pass-through RJ-45 connectors.

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Question.

HI @countrycamera

In a pinch you can use a razor / utility knife to cut the ends of the wires. ( yes it may take a little more time. )