Critique LPR Design Please

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
I dont worry about anyone stealing them, just getting them at the best angle possible. I just moved one this past weekend from the pole, lower to the back of the entry wall and cut my angle from 30 degrees to more like 15-20

IMG_1409.JPG entrance-pole.JPG IMG_0640b.jpg IMG_0639-b.jpg

Reaction score
So in the barn, did you mount the camera inside, like screw it down? Do you have a picture of what it looks like inside? Did you make holes in the bottom to let out rain water?

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
There are two cameras in the mini barn, both mounted to PFA121 junction boxes and bolted to a 2x4. Yep he drilled drain holes... so far, at 1yr? working well...

PeteNSheri_CAM 11_main_20190928124032_@12.jpg PeteNSheri_CAM12_main_20190927172606_@12.jpg

Reaction score
No one has ever reported having a camera stolen so i wouldn't worry about that. You have to do what is best for your location, we all have to make decisions on location and mounting that suits us best. I have seen some people put up a 4x4 post and screw them to that. What ever you use just get a junction box to place wires inside. There are pics of other users on how they ran the wires. Check out the forum, installation pics, there are a lot of ideas.

Reaction score
No one has ever reported having a camera stolen so i wouldn't worry about that
I vaguely remember a thread where video shows a guy on a bike dragging a trash barrel, the kind with a top and wheels, down a street and drops it standing up next to the fence on the road by two bullet cameras. Later that night he comes back with tools and steals the cameras by climbing on the trash barrel, like using it as a ladder. I can't remember if it was on this site or somewhere else.

That is the only one I can think of.

Edit:
Here is one, not the one I was thinking of, but he does steal the camera. It is a Ring, so that probably does not count!

Last edited:
Reaction score
Can you post pics of your final setup.
I plan on doing that. Decided on a box. Have been constructing it. I think I made it too big though. We will see.

DSC_4680.JPGDSC_4681.JPG

Worried about heat so I cut two air vents. Will put screening on the inside to keep out mud dobbers. Used barn shiplap. Need to prime and paint.

Having trouble getting cable from over the garage to the garden at the front porch. I've scoped (with an endoscope) the porch beams and can run inside them if I make a few access cuts and use blank covers after. It's hardiplank. Not ideal. I can run out the brick at ground level with 1/2" PVC conduit buried to the box. My problem is getting from the area over the garage to the porch beam. Was hoping I could go behind the brick veneer, but can't find a way to do that. Last resort is to use a piece of 3/4" flex conduit out of the soffit, behind the downspout and into the beam. Should be less that a foot long run.

Reaction score
I plan on doing that. Decided on a box. Have been constructing it. I think I made it too big though. We will see.

View attachment 62563View attachment 62564

Worried about heat so I cut two air vents. Will put screening on the inside to keep out mud dobbers. Used barn shiplap. Need to prime and paint.

Having trouble getting cable from over the garage to the garden at the front porch. I've scoped (with an endoscope) the porch beams and can run inside them if I make a few access cuts and use blank covers after. It's hardiplank. Not ideal. I can run out the brick at ground level with 1/2" PVC conduit buried to the box. My problem is getting from the area over the garage to the porch beam. Was hoping I could go behind the brick veneer, but can't find a way to do that. Last resort is to use a piece of 3/4" flex conduit out of the soffit, behind the downspout and into the beam. Should be less that a foot long run.
Ok cool it's coming along.

Reaction score
I vaguely remember a thread where video shows a guy on a bike dragging a trash barrel, the kind with a top and wheels, down a street and drops it standing up next to the fence on the road by two bullet cameras. Later that night he comes back with tools and steals the cameras by climbing on the trash barrel, like using it as a ladder. I can't remember if it was on this site or somewhere else.

That is the only one I can think of.

Edit:
Here is one, not the one I was thinking of, but he does steal the camera. It is a Ring, so that probably does not count!

Well i will not worry about my cameras i am certain they will not be taken. I have 13 so i am sure i will see them on one of the cams.