Crypto Currency Chat

Cameraguy

Known around here
Reaction score
LOL, it is so much more complicated than that. But yes, assuming you have a functioning internet and Bitcoin is still in use in the world, and you haven't lost your private keys...
With exchanges like the Winklevoss' Gemini its pretty simple for new people now. But yes it can be scary with keys and sending to no man's land with wrong wallet address

Cameraguy

Known around here
Reaction score
I have no intention on converting anyone to crypto. Its just another leg on my investment stool. I was just looking to discuss with any current holders and compare new favorite projects (tokens).

biggen

Known around here
Reaction score
Crypto is much more complicated to turn to cash that much I agree with. I don’t think anyone would deny that. Hell it takes ~20 minutes to process a single BTC transaction.

Im not sure it will every replace cash. It’s more niche oriented. But as long as it goes up, I don’t really care what it’s used for ;)

Cameraguy

Known around here
Reaction score
Crypto is much more complicated to turn to cash that much I agree with. I don’t think anyone would deny that. Hell it takes ~20 minutes to process a single BTC transaction.

Im not sure it will every replace cash. It’s more niche oriented. But as long as it goes up, I don’t really care what it’s used for ;)
There are coins like Tomochain that are instant . I dont think btc will ever be a currency . It will be a storage of wealth. These exchanges now sell the btc to cash like coinbase and gemini

rossmiller

n3wb
Reaction score
I invested in some bitcoin project a year ago but I was stolen by hackers, do you know how they stole money from users? I think they found my personal data and addresses of my cards and wallets. Anyway, since then I use a secure and safe bitcoin mixer service that hides all my transactions and makes them untraceable by mixing them. Well, there are no stored logs which means that all information is deleted right after the transaction. I think this is important nowadays because we live in a world where we use online services and payments so we need to protect our data.

Last edited:

tigerwillow1

Known around here
Reaction score
Well you can with btc also, without even leaving your house haha
LOL, it is so much more complicated than that. But yes, assuming you have a functioning internet and Bitcoin is still in use in the world, and you haven't lost your private keys...
I'm following a much longer similar thread on another forum and it's totally polarized. The crypto lovers think it's the wave of the future, easy to use, no risk, and those that think otherwise are obsolete ignoramuses. The crypto haters think it's a passing fad, risky, insecure, and will eventually lose all its value. There's no middle ground.

I'm sitting in the middle not pretending to know where it's going to go. I think the governments might be the biggest risk because they can't control the crypto exchanges or trace private transactions. The governments rely on injection of inflation and creation of money to keep themselves afloat. They rely on tracing transactions for social engineering. They can't allow the crypto exchanges to overshadow their own manipulated money system. That would cut off their major source of power and control.

Cameraguy

Known around here
Reaction score
I'm following a much longer similar thread on another forum and it's totally polarized. The crypto lovers think it's the wave of the future, easy to use, no risk, and those that think otherwise are obsolete ignoramuses. The crypto haters think it's a passing fad, risky, insecure, and will eventually lose all its value. There's no middle ground.

I'm sitting in the middle not pretending to know where it's going to go. I think the governments might be the biggest risk because they can't control the crypto exchanges or trace private transactions. The governments rely on injection of inflation and creation of money to keep themselves afloat. They rely on tracing transactions for social engineering. They can't allow the crypto exchanges to overshadow their own manipulated money system. That would cut off their major source of power and control.
Thats the whole point of crypto

Ssayer

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
Just for reference as to why it's all eventually going blow up...

First, what does just ONE trillion dollars actually look like?

Now, what is the current US debt, and what are the current "unfunded obligations"?

Does anybody really think this won't eventually blow up?

tigerwillow1

Known around here
Reaction score
I'm starting to wonder how anybody can do anything with the cryptos. My attempts to wade into it are being thwarted.

1. I opened a coinbase account. Initiated a small deposit via ACH. Bank account got debited and coinbase says there's a 16 day holding period. (WTF???)
Just to get more $ in the pipeline I decided to initiate another ACH deposit. Can't do it because my daily deposit limit is zero. WTF? again!

2. Opened a bittrex account. They take debit cards. Instructions say to click on "holdings", then "deposit by credit/debit card". But the "deposit..." button isn't there.

I'm avoiding a wire transfer. If they can't do an ACH or debit transfer correctly, I sure don't want to send them a big wire transfer. This hassle is piled on top of the maddening account creation process. It's all looking pretty flaky to me!

jmcu

Known around here
Reaction score
The power generating plant I work at has just been approached for a buyout from crypto miners.
They say they will mine about 8-9 BTC / Day, cheap gas and electric is what they want.
Not a bad days return, just the capitol to get started is costly..

biggen

Known around here
Reaction score
I'm starting to wonder how anybody can do anything with the cryptos. My attempts to wade into it are being thwarted.

1. I opened a coinbase account. Initiated a small deposit via ACH. Bank account got debited and coinbase says there's a 16 day holding period. (WTF???)
Just to get more $ in the pipeline I decided to initiate another ACH deposit. Can't do it because my daily deposit limit is zero. WTF? again!

2. Opened a bittrex account. They take debit cards. Instructions say to click on "holdings", then "deposit by credit/debit card". But the "deposit..." button isn't there.

I'm avoiding a wire transfer. If they can't do an ACH or debit transfer correctly, I sure don't want to send them a big wire transfer. This hassle is piled on top of the maddening account creation process. It's all looking pretty flaky to me!
I use wire transfers in and out via Kraken. Have a separate checking account so my main account doesn’t get screwed up. What I’ve found is if you make the slightest mistake, the transfer fails and simply doesn’t go through. I’ve had that happen before. Funds always have gotten returned with no issues.

All the exchanges suck to be honest. Coin base is probably the best but support with all of them is basically nonexistant.

Cameraguy

Known around here
Reaction score
I use wire transfers in and out via Kraken. Have a separate checking account so my main account doesn’t get screwed up. What I’ve found is if you make the slightest mistake, the transfer fails and simply doesn’t go through. I’ve had that happen before. Funds always have gotten returned with no issues.

All the exchanges suck to be honest. Coin base is probably the best but support with all of them is basically nonexistant.
Gemini is good

Cameraguy

Known around here
Reaction score

Try Gemini and kucoin..
Bittrex and coinbase suck