Ctronics IPCAM C6F0SoZ3N0PcL2 - Dead camera

raul1988

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi guys,
I have four cameras IPCAM C6F0SoZ3N0PcL2 and 2 of them after I updated version V21.1.34.11.1-20220408 stopped working. The only thing work is IR and no motion and anything else.
Can anybody here help me? Can I boot another firmware and how?

Thanks a lot

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
169.254. x.x is a private IP address reserved by Microsoft which it assigns to your network adapter if it cannot get an IP address from the network's DHCP server.

Generally, it means the device is NOT connected to the network.

raul1988

n3wb
Reaction score
169.254. x.x is a private IP address reserved by Microsoft which it assigns to your network adapter if it cannot get an IP address from the network's DHCP server.

Generally, it means the device is NOT connected to the network.
Thanks a lot...I was hoping to find someone to fix this camera

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Thanks a lot...I was hoping to find someone to fix this camera
Wow....sorry I didn't fix it for you but it is important that it be connected to the network!

Have you tried a hard reset while powered up and plugged into your router? Does it have a reset button on the cam's pigtail or located under an access door for an SD card?
If no help, member @buzzdev has stated, IIRC, that he has the same camera...maybe he can "fix" it.

Last edited:

raul1988

n3wb
Reaction score
Wow....sorry I didn't fix it for you but it is important that it be connected to the network!

Have you tried a hard reset while powered up and plugged into your router? Does it have a reset button on the cam's pigtail or located under an access door for an SD card?
If no help, member @buzzdev has stated, IIRC, that he has the same camera...maybe he can "fix" it.
Thanks a lot...now I have 3 cameras brick...I think its a problem with the firmware.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
It doesn't help you now, but for the future....

You really need to be asking yourself why are you updating? If it is just for grins and giggles or OCD behavior to be running the latest firmware, think twice.

A common theme around here is don't fix what ain't broke. If the unit is working and meets your needs, in many instances an update breaks what you had working and provides you with something you didn't need or bricks the camera. In most instances, updates are simply security vulnerability patches (usually years after the breach was found), but since we do not give our cameras internet access, the update is useless to us. If the firmware release notes do not specifically state it is fixing a problem you have, then leave it alone...

Here are issues I have seen people report here where they were upgrading just for the sake of upgrading:
  • A Dahua Z12E that someone updated and then constantly reboots comes to mind.
  • The Dahua 49225 and 49425 PTZ that loses autotracking with an update come to mind.
  • The Hikvision DS-2DEA425IW-DW PTZ that loses autotracking with an update comes to mind.
  • A Hikvision ANPR camera losing half the FPS and loses the ability to read US plates - those are big deals to have happen.
  • A Hikvision ANPR DS-2CD4A26FWD camera that lost all ability to read plates - kinda makes the camera useless.
  • A Hikvision camera that the user lost ability to control the LED light function at night.
  • A Hikvision wifi camera that loses the ability to use wifi after a firmware update.
  • Dahua 5442 that will not allow playback of the SD card.
  • Countless other instances where the camera or NVR simply bricked and became useless.
  • Countless examples where the camera or NVR went into Chinese.
Don't do it unless it is fixing a problem you are experiencing or adds a feature you really need.

Further, it is best to obtain any firmware updates from the vendor you purchased it from so that you do not run into issues. Any firmware you find here or elsewhere is obviously proceed at your own risk. We have many threads here where someone tried an update with a firmware they found on the internet and bricked their unit.

Many units being sold are Chinese hacked units into English that will either brick or go into Chinese upon updating. Some vendors will be upfront and tell consumers that as part of their website, but many do not or the consumer forgets...here is one such example....

1664574936434.png