Custom Hikvision 5.1.6 firmware

Myxxcam

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi All

Been doing some work on creating custom firmware for my Hikvision cameras, and have to say though hard it was pretty interesting and rewarding. Didn't get much sleep as was thinking about how to do it. But then I like that sort of thing cos I'm a geek with no life (or job)

I'm sure Hikvision don't want me spreading around the tech details of this and I will respect their point of view, and would likely not be acceptable on here anyway. But suffice to say cameras now running custom firmware rather than manually copying file patches (which is fine for a few cameras, probably not if you got 100+!). I don't have 100 but I am geeky and proud of it :cool:

Anyway, just to let you know it is possible and if anyone wants to discuss custom digicap.dav with me, feel free to PM me. Languages, custom logos/contact info on web interface, network monitoring agents, ssh on cam etc etc etc. That's the great thing about linux embedded systems - can pretty much do what you want if you try! That's why I love linux.

Been reverse engineering firmware on my AVR for custom firmware on that too but now done so maybe do a bit more Hik stuff soon.

Cheers all
Hello dear
Am wondering if you can add a pptp-client service to a dvr/nvr firmware ?

zedhal

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi All,

CBX, do you think that codex can be added to Hikvision DVR’s to ebable above 800L viewing and recording?

Also,on systems that have IP camera connectivity, do you think that extra protocols can be added to include others than just Hikvision type?

thanks
Zed