Custom models folder - how to?

scoob8000

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I'm trying to start using the delivery.pt custom model to detect usps, fedex, etc in my setup.

But I cannot seem to get codeproject nor BI to recognize it.

I've copied it to C:\Program Files\CodeProject\AI\AnalysisLayer\ObjectDetectionYolo\custom-models, then restarted the codeproject service, and also tried copying it to c:\deepstack\mymodels which seems to contain the default .pt files as well.

Do I need to edit a config somewhere to get codeproject to load this? Even in codeproject explorer, it doesn't show up in the dropdown for testing.

In BI, settings, AI, "Use custom models" is checked, but delivery doesn't show up in the list, even after a restart.

scoob8000

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Ahh. That would explain it as I am using yolov5..

I'll try it out when I'm back in front of the computer.

Cheers!

scoob8000

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
^^^
You probably need delivery.onnx
winner winner chicken dinner! That did the trick.

So another dumb question then. I've always had the "Use custom models" unchecked under the main ai settings tab. So in the camera settings, AI page I understand leaving the custom models blank, will use them all.

Obviously I'll only want delivery to run on certain cams. But I want to make sure I include whatever models I'm used to it using when use default objects is checked.

With custom models unchecked, and use default checked, which is it actually using? ie, ipcam combined, etc

Thanks!

Last edited:

gwminor48

Known around here
Reaction score
I wanted to have a different alert for usps and amazon so I cloned a camera for one of them, don't know if that would help what you want to do or not.

scoob8000

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I wanted to have a different alert for usps and amazon so I cloned a camera for one of them, don't know if that would help what you want to do or not.
Maybe eventually. For now, I'm just using it on the actual cam (not a clone) on my driveway cams to see when usps, fedex, etc arrives and send me a pushover message with it. Mostly for when I know I'm waiting on a high dollar item, so I can run home and put it in the house..

But I wasn't sure what all models I'd need to list under custom models to keep my existing stuff like person, dog, vehicle, cat, bird, etc. For now on my driveway I have ipcam-general,ipcam-combined,delivery. I wasn't sure if using general and combined would be redundant. It feels like using ipcam-animal and ipcam-combined at the same time would be though..

scoob8000

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Finally playing with this a little more. Do you have to list the models or objects in a certain order?

I'm finding my mailman's truck is always detected as "truck". I've never seen it show usps yet.