Custom Push Notifications?

Hound Dog 911

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Would love to do custom push notifications. Voice commands like "Driveway Alert", "Front Door Alert", etc.. Possible or wishful thinking?

Mike.in.Minnesota

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Yes there is. A few options....

1. You can set a trigger to execute a sound file from the BI "Sounds' folder, or any folder you want. The default player will open and play the file. This is the simplest method. The downside is that the player will stay open, and, if your watching/listening to anything, it will be interrupted.

2. NirSoft has a free tool called 'NirCmd'. Actually, they have a lot of free utilities. Website is: NirSoft - freeware utilities: password recovery, system utilities, desktop utilities
NirCmd, among other things, can set/change/mute system volume, and, speak text or a text file.
For example.....
Set volume to 100%: nircmd setsystemvolume 65535
Speak: nircmd speak text "Motion triggered at back door."
Set volume to 25%: nircmd setsystemvolume 16384

Easier to set this as bat files for each type of speaking alert you want, then just call the bat file like in #1 above.

Hound Dog 911

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I tried fiddling with it once with no luck with the custom files. Didn't want to mess anything up so gave up on it.

Mike.in.Minnesota

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I've been testing using VLC for the past 30 minutes. Seems to be working fine.

In 'Alerts', 'Run a program or execute a script'...
1. Select the VLC executable: C:\Program Files\VideoLAN\VLC\vlc
2. In parameters: -I dummy "C:\Program Files\Blue Iris 4\sounds\gentle-alarm.wav" vlc://quit

Upon Alert, VLC will play the sound file specified in an invisible window.

Anyone have additional suggestions?