CVI Interface for PC or Network?

acecase

n3wb
Reaction score
First thanks for all the information that you guys have accumulated here. It's been a great resource while planning my system.

I accidentally ordered a CVI camera. I had good coverage over most of the property with 5 cameras and I wanted a cheap one to cover one small gap, so I found this no-name AHC-ED5120NL-X-IR2 camera from the same dealer that I got the rest from. The description says "Connectivity: IP/Network - Wired" so I thought it was a network camera. I guess technically it is and the heading plainly says CVI, so I'm not going to blame the dealer. I would like to get some use out of it though if at all possible.

My setup is all dahua IP cameras (except for this one). Using PoE for power and BlueIris for VMS/Control. Is there any way to connect this camera to a PC or the network? One of my cameras was set to go on the ceiling just a few feet from my VMS PC, so I could put this one in that location and use the dahua where this one was going to go.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Cvi is not ip so the description was incorrect...the only way to do it would be to use a dvr as encoder... doesn't make much sense...