Dahua 3MP 3.6MM Mini Pan/Tilt Video (ipc-hdb4300f-pt)

avi6581

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
this camera is entirely blind to IR lighting.
Thanks. Thought so. I have quite a lot of light at the front anyway which I could supplement easily.

randyh

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
nayr,
thanks for reviewing this camera and sharing your Ali Express source. Even with the cons, this camera meets my needs. Ordered one today.

Thanks again,
randy

avi6581

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
nayr,
thanks for reviewing this camera and sharing your Ali Express source. Even with the cons, this camera meets my needs. Ordered one today.

Thanks again,
randy
if by any chance they have upgraded the firmware , and the presets work , I'll be having a few. Interested to hear how you get on!

randyh

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I received my camera and am pleased with it.

Here are specs:
Manufacturer: Dahua
Model: IPC-HDB4300F-PT
Firmware: 2.420.Dahua 03.0.R, build: 2014-09-30
ONVIF: 2.40

The Presets are working great from Blue Iris. I could not get them to work at all from Dahua's SmartPSS. However, this is my first Dahua and it may be my lack of knowledge and not Dahua's fault.
There seems to be 20X Digital Zoom, rather than the advertised 3X Digital Zoom. But of course much past 3 and it becomes useless quickly anyway. The Presets include Zoom factor.

Here is a Youtube link to a Rainy Day captured via Blue Iris.Its recorded at 1440 so adjust your view to that if you want.
I uploaded the Blue Iris BVR file direct, which included sound, but YouTube dropped the sound. (Sound is great by the way)

Camera Settings:
Encoder and Resolution: H264 2048 x 1536
Frame Rate: 20 FPS
Bitrate: 4210
GOV Length: 60

Blue Iris Settings:
Frame Rate: 20 FPS
Adjust Automatically: NOT CHECKED
Receive Buffer: 10 Mb

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
looks good.. are the presets drifting for you? Ie if you line one preset up with a landmark on the edge of the screen, and another looking another direction and switch back and forth between the two repeatedly does it return to the exact same position or does it slowly start to loose its bearings the more and more you use them?

Mine looses its bearings the more and more I use the presets and over time they become way off and require being recalibrated again.. my full size PTZ never looses bearings even after months of operation and thousands of preset events being triggered.

And that is nowhere close to 20x Digital Zoom.. I have 12x Optical Zoom on my full size PTZ and it could read the writing on the tires in your neighbors driveway with ease... the most you get is 3x digital.

randyh

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I just did about 20 back and forths between my presets at Driveway and House to my right. There was a very slight drift when swinging to left most preset (driveway), but right preset (house to right) never budged. The slight drift on left preset was so small, and the drift was not a growing one, just sometimes I could see 1/5th of brick in ground and sometimes I could see 1/6th. It would kind of bounce back and forth.

As to Digital Zoom. Like I said, its JUST digital zoom, I would not expect it to be worth much and certainly not any where near Optical Zoom. To my eyes, it is no better than scrolling my mouse to zoom in on a camera view in Blue Iris that does not have any kind of zoom at all. I brought it up because I was surprised that the interface let me zoom in 20 times not just 3. Again, fairly worthless be it 20x or 3x.

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
thats much better preset behavior than mine.. glad to hear that. Perhaps manufacturing quality has improved now that its been out for a while.. my audio is also very poor so they must have changed something.

each step on the web interface is not 1x Zoom, its still a 3x Digital Zoom just broken into 20 steps.. so each step is like 0.15x Zoom.. This is typical.

In the smartPSS app and through the webUI I believe you can adjust the sensitivity of button presses, this increases/decreases the stepping so you can fine tune locations easier with it down low or quickly move with it up high.

Last edited by a moderator:

randyh

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Good to know that nayer, thanks. I will be experimenting more with that info.

randyh

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Did you notice if my reported firmware is different from yours?
Firmware: 2.420.Dahua 03.0.R, build: 2014-09-30

And if mine is newer, is there a way to extract firmwares for sharing? ( I am a noob to Dahua)

azwaca

n3wb
Reaction score
I installed my Dahua IPC-HDB4300F-PT. It works great but............I can no longer connect to it using the web interface. On initial setup it worked and I was able to configure all my custom setting for it to work with my Security Spy system. After the initial configuration is all worked great but I had to go back into the camera settings and could not connect to it via a web browser. I disconnected the power for a few minutes. When I reconnected the power I was able to re-connect via the web interface. I made the adjustments that I needed, reboot and everything works just fine. Security Spy interfaces with it. Live video is shown in the SS monitor screen. SS records video why the motion sensor is triggered.

But I can't communicate with the camera via web interface. Is there a reset button somewhere? How can I restore the factory defaults?

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
@azwcaa, I believe the rest button is where the SD card goes..

Last edited by a moderator:

azwaca

n3wb
Reaction score
nayr

Thanks for the help. I was able to connect to it after using the Config Tool software via a Windows machine and noticed I hadn't configured the correct port number. Once I had the right number I was in. As usual, it's always user error. Incidentally, I open the SD card panel and didn't see a reset button. I even dismantled the base at one point looking for one to no avail.

Thanks again.

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I have since replaced this camera with a 2MP Mini-Black face turret version with 4x optical and IR..

this one is in my son's bedroom now, and I'd rather have another mini-black face in there honestly.. this camera is very lackluster in features/performance.. $30 more will get you a better camera.