Dahua 3x PTZ dropped off router

cappedup

n3wb
Reaction score
Rebooted with gateway and DNS blank.

Result from command console. (Pic)

Says data is received, does that confirm the camera is responding?

Although 'host is unreachable'.

Attachments

TechBill

Known around here
Reaction score
Rebooted with gateway and DNS blank.

Result from command console. (Pic)

Says data is received, does that confirm the camera is responding?

Although 'host is unreachable'.
It saying it can't find the .108 but the "reply from .6" should been "from .10" if it doesn't find the device on .108 since you mentioned in your earlier post that you set the PC ip address to 192.168.1.10.

Here what it should look like

IP Properties

tcpip.jpg

Ping result from camera on .108

ping-camera.jpg

No Ping result if no device is responding from ping request - I pinged .121 since nothing is on this ip address and the reply came from my PC which is set at .10

noping.jpg

I am wondering, is your PC still connected to a WiFi? You need to disconnect or turn off the WiFi if so.

cappedup

n3wb
Reaction score
Thanks Techbill.

My IP properties box matches yours, yes.

I was connected to wifi, well spotted. Repeated same test disconnected.

My results from pinging .108 are the same as yours pinging .121. (with the reply now correctly from .10)

If i ping .10 I get a similar result to you pinging .108

Does this confirm the camera is not responding?

TechBill

Known around here
Reaction score
Thanks Techbill.

My IP properties box matches yours, yes.

I was connected to wifi, well spotted. Repeated same test disconnected.

My results from pinging .108 are the same as yours pinging .121. (with the reply now correctly from .10)

If i ping .10 I get a similar result to you pinging .108

Does this confirm the camera is not responding?
This only confirm that either camera is not on .108 or it not responding.

cappedup

n3wb
Reaction score
Hmm, I also tried .200, which might have been its IP. Same deal.

Could I potentially have a 2nd dodgy injector? I would like to eliminate that, but dont have a power supply kicking around for the camera.

I am starting to suspect power surge. House is in an area that gets storms, although has been fine for years. Any way to rule that out also? As Ive mentioned above, it is responding to booting up. Iris is reacting to light. It isnt completely dead.

TechBill

Known around here
Reaction score
I would check both injector and confirm your PC is set up to detect a camera with a known working camera to see if you are getting a response and then go back and troubleshoot it again.

Next thing I would try to troubleshoot by using an ip scanner software and scan the whole ip range to see if anything shows up on a different ip. You should only see two listing show up during the scan which is the laptop and the camera if it in the ip range that it's scanning.

Scan between the ip 192.168.1.1 - 192.168.1.254 also scan for the old ip that the camera was using when it was working. Suppose it was on 10.0.0.200 then scan between 10.0.0.1 - 10.0.0.254 to see if you get any hit at all.

Advanced IP Scanner v2 (search Google and download)
scan.jpg

It could be a bad power supply however if the power surge hit the PoE then it could be that the camera circuity is working but the ethernet chip onboard is fried.

cappedup

n3wb
Reaction score
Work takes me away again. Ill try these things when i return.

Thanks again TechBill.