Dahua 4104-P Account blocked ...I cannot enter any more ?

stefaand

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Hallo,

we have bought a Dahua NVR 4104-P.
All went well during the installation.
We tried to setup the client software from the iphon and suddenly our accounts (admin, 666666, 888888 ) are bloced.

We have tried a lot of things.
We tried the DAHUA Code generator, but when we log in the system beeps for a long time but we can not enter.
I also tried the telnet login, but I havent got the password?
I have tried the config tool but I would like to have the firmware of the device. We have downloaded the firmware from the ftp site (mentioned in this forum). But we cannot insert it as it says LOGIN FAILED !

Can anyone help us further please ?

THanks a lot

Stefaan

Last edited by a moderator:

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
Re: Dahua 4104-P Account blocked ...I cannot enter eany more ?

It sounds like the iphone app is spamming bad login attempts, causing the NVR to lock you out. I believe if you power cycle the NVR (unplug power, then plug back in), the block will be cleared. However it may immediately become re-blocked if you do not resolve the problem with the iphone app first.

stefaand

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
We have done several power cycles, and we stopped the iphone...but we cannot enter the device anymore.
I tried even config clear tool and firmware upgrade too...but we need to enter the NVR using a password on all application.

The standard admin pasword has been chend by us. And we know the pasword, but it contains a "&" sign. However, using the virtual keyboard on the nvr does not allow us to select the & sign which is crucial to try with the correct password.

Logging in via the webinterface does not work either. Even with the correct password.

How can we do a factory RESET or a account reset ?

By the way, the mainboard battery trik does not work as it the battery is hard-wired on the mainboad and cannot be removed ?

Neither is there a reset button on the mainboard?

And to flash the device you need to enter the password...and this does not work.

So how an we get out of our circle we are running in ?

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
Did you change the passwords of the 666666 and 888888 accounts too?

There may be a tftp firmware recovery procedure, but usually those require a reset button to activate....

stefaand

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
yes we changed all passwords as it looked to easy to login from the network.
And the 4104-P does not have a reset button...we looked but we could not found....

stefaand

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
When you are hacked on the internet and someone tried 3 times with a password, then the system is blocked and you can never enter it anymore ?
I cannot imagine that this is so by design ?
There must be a way to unlock the password or to reflash the firmware ?

Last edited by a moderator:

stefaand

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I also tried to clear config tool...it says connected and then clear config failed as it cannot login

stefaand

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Someone told me via email that the Dahua code generator I used was an old one. There seems to be a new one ?