dahua 4108-p nvr with ptz DH-SD22204T-GN 2 no recordings

frikandel

n3wb
Reaction score
  • i have a
    dh-nvr1108-p with poe ports got my ptz camera working on it but it wont record on motion do i need to upgrade firmware from the nvr or the camera to get this to work ??
  • below is my nvr info
  • type
  • NVR

• Record Channel:

• SN:

• Web:

• System Version:
  • 3.200.0000.8.R

• Build Date:
  • 2015-04-28

Last edited by a moderator:

Kawboy12R

Known around here
Reaction score
I'm not a Dahua guy so I can't walk you through the specifics but I'd look to make sure that you're set to record on a motion alert and that your motion detection mask is set to cover the whole screen. Some masks are active when the mask screen isn't opaque and some when it IS opaque and which is the right way isn't always intuitive.

c hris527

Known around here
Reaction score
Check your time schedule, make sure it is set to record at the time you wish and motion detect is selected. Make sure the channel is activated also to record. If you have a way to power it outside of the NVR you could log on locally and set it up to test motion detection to a local disk to test that feature. I always bench test them first to make sure everything works before I hook them to a NVR. Chasing your tail is not fun, so many places to click and turn something off by accident. One other thing I always do is add my own admin account to the camera and either lock down or delete the generic accounts, not knowing this NVRs software that is all the basic stuff I can think of. Good luck.