Dahua 4208 nvr fan change

aj1soad

n3wb
Reaction score
hi everyone. i need to change the noisy power supply fan on my nvr and seen a few suggestions for Noctua NF-A4x20 5V for the case and the 10mm one for the psu. do i need the 3 pin ones or the 4 pin with PWM?

aj1soad

n3wb
Reaction score
Had a look at my fans now and the case fan is Sunon dc12 0.8w and my psu fan is a delta electronics fan dc12 0.15a. so I take it I need the 12v ones not the 5v as suggested in most guides

m00st

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
You need a 12v indeed and if you buy Noctua you get one or two silencers which make the fans spin slower. It's definitely not quiet after this upgrade as the design of the case implies fan noise but it is an improvement:

IMG_0348 (1).jpg

Be sure to measure + and - as mine were reversed on my Dahua NVR

aj1soad

n3wb
Reaction score
You need a 12v indeed and if you buy Noctua you get one or two silencers which make the fans spin slower. It's definitely not quiet after this upgrade as the design of the case implies fan noise but it is an improvement:

View attachment 66100

Do I need the 3 pin one or 4 pin with PWM? I was thinking of cutting the grill off the PSU to try and reduce the noise as well. At the moment I e just got the case off the NVR and it's not that loud

DWinters1979

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score

View attachment 66100

Does the fan give the motherboard enough cooling?

m00st

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Does the fan give the motherboard enough cooling?
when i just replaced the fan i noticed the housing was coole than before. But i have to admit i havent measured the temperature of the chips on the board etc.i swapped the fan more than a month ago and it has been running fine since, even after adding a other harddisk.