Dahua 4K PTZ DH-SD8A820WA-HNF

ryan98270

n3wb
Reaction score
Sounds like you need a NVR upgrade . The SD49225XA-HNR is not years old it's a pretty new camera in the 2020 catalogue.
Dahua SD49225XA-HNR is KING for me and not seen anything better to date especially from its performance vs price....less than 300 bucks considering ordering another just as a spare. :)
Can I ask where you see that price? Thinking about picking up one or two of these

tech101

Known around here
Reaction score
Thank you parley for the great in depth review for the 4/3 just placed order as well. Had my friend also pick up two of these :)

cant wait to get this one up too now

bradner

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Thank you parley for the great in depth review for the 4/3 just placed order as well. Had my friend also pick up two of these :)

cant wait to get this one up too now
I'm doing everything I can NOT to order one after seeing yours and @Parley 's posts. I've spend a bunch on other cam upgrades this month and I have two decent PTZ's already but they are not near your 4/3 ones. The one thing holding me back so far (other than the cost of one) is the minimum zoom level - it's 16mm right? How do you find that? Do you have any fully zoomed out shots to give an idea of the zoom at that level? My current SD6CE225U-HNI is 4.8mm (63 degrees) - 120mm. Your cam would be the equivalent, I think, of mine going up to over 300mm! I think it may be overkill for me but I really want the 4/3 sensor in 4k. Wish there was a lower end 4/3 PTZ, I'd really be all over that one.

I've actually just talked myself down from getting yours as I look at the view from mine at 4.8mm - I see a perfect view of my yard width (actually could go a bit wider even) so bumping the min. view up to 16mm would really cut down my yard overview. I don't think I have a 50ft high mounting spot either.

-

tech101

Known around here
Reaction score
a perfect view of my yard width (actually could go a bit wider even) so bumping the min. view up to 16mm would really cut down my yard overview. I don't think I have a 50ft high mounting spot either.
LOL, HA HA speaking of talking yourself out. I was doing that too for months now. I was trying to hold on to that since I have so many cameras on my house. It look @ times Fort Knox probably have less security LOL. That 4/3 PTZ With AI Is expensive but worth every penny.

So, I had my friend pickup one last month since he asked me which one was really better at night for his environment and he got the camera couple of days ago. So tested his 4/3 ptz both on his street and then we tested it on my street. We were both blown away with the results on how it can even see stars at night :| (Again your Lighting condition/settings of camera depends but its a pretty good one.

So at that point, I was like hell I am getting one. Now where I am going to install it yet I don't even know LOL. I just wanted one cause its badass LOL. So that brings your point for the zoom. I currently have two other PTZ for Zoom and FOV if I wanna have the whole view. Which are the SD8A840WA-HNF & the SD6CE245U-HNI so they can do those jobs.. still for me.

The 4/3 Will be basically A night time auto track for people lurking around. I have other cams which will be like covering the front yard and so on.. if they need to be zoomed out then those cams are covering it already. Now on my street lights are really limited so the reason I be installing this to get like description of suspects in future to pick up what color clothes / cars etc..

Here is a night shot from 4/3..

1601222382363.png

I know parley has shared some in the past with video to see performance at night. Again it also keep in mind it depends on how your light conditions are and what setting your cam is set for.. etc.. But it is a solid one for sure :) Cannot wait to get mine will do some comparison video maybe when I get with my 1 1.8 ptz and 4/3 :)

Parley, I know you said your AI Ptz is learning and getting better. I am gonna guess that is part of the Dahua NVR.. my PTZ AI Tracking on 1 1.8 is really good but, I don't think mine is learning anything and I think the reason been is that It needs a DAHUA NVR and it just does not work on the learning part with BI...

bradner

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
You sound like me. I'm impulsive - 22+ cams around my place so far with two decent (but only 1/2.8") PTZ's. I have the "I want the badass cameras" syndrome too :cool: . Should start a thread about "What's the badass cameras out there now?"!!! I live near the USA border and I see their cameras up the big poles and wonder to myself "Can I get their badass cameras too? I wonder what model they use?". LOLOLOL. Or even, "what's the badass cameras on the spy satellite? Can Andy get that one?" :lmao:

Parley

Known around here
Reaction score
LOL, HA HA speaking of talking yourself out. I was doing that too for months now. I was trying to hold on to that since I have so many cameras on my house. It look @ times Fort Knox probably have less security LOL. That 4/3 PTZ With AI Is expensive but worth every penny.

So, I had my friend pickup one last month since he asked me which one was really better at night for his environment and he got the camera couple of days ago. So tested his 4/3 ptz both on his street and then we tested it on my street. We were both blown away with the results on how it can even see stars at night :| (Again your Lighting condition/settings of camera depends but its a pretty good one.

So at that point, I was like hell I am getting one. Now where I am going to install it yet I don't even know LOL. I just wanted one cause its badass LOL. So that brings your point for the zoom. I currently have two other PTZ for Zoom and FOV if I wanna have the whole view. Which are the SD8A840WA-HNF & the SD6CE245U-HNI so they can do those jobs.. still for me.

The 4/3 Will be basically A night time auto track for people lurking around. I have other cams which will be like covering the front yard and so on.. if they need to be zoomed out then those cams are covering it already. Now on my street lights are really limited so the reason I be installing this to get like description of suspects in future to pick up what color clothes / cars etc..

Here is a night shot from 4/3..

View attachment 71468

I know parley has shared some in the past with video to see performance at night. Again it also keep in mind it depends on how your light conditions are and what setting your cam is set for.. etc.. But it is a solid one for sure :) Cannot wait to get mine will do some comparison video maybe when I get with my 1 1.8 ptz and 4/3 :)

Parley, I know you said your AI Ptz is learning and getting better. I am gonna guess that is part of the Dahua NVR.. my PTZ AI Tracking on 1 1.8 is really good but, I don't think mine is learning anything and I think the reason been is that It needs a DAHUA NVR and it just does not work on the learning part with BI...
Actually I am using a Hikvision NVR. In fact all 3 of my NVR's are Hikvision. They work well with the Dahua cameras. If need be I can hook them up directly to my network by unplugging the camera from the NVR and then plug it into my network. I have to change the address back and forth but that is no big deal.

tech101

Known around here
Reaction score
Actually I am using a Hikvision NVR. In fact all 3 of my NVR's are Hikvision. They work well with the Dahua cameras. If need be I can hook them up directly to my network by unplugging the camera from the NVR and then plug it into my network. I have to change the address back and forth but that is no big deal.
Thank you Parley. No I dont wanna have you get to disconnect stuff LOL I think its the NVR capabilities to learn and not so much built in alone.. The only reason I say that is .. I have the Tree and when My PTZ is auto tracking once the person is like behind that tree for a split sec.. when auto track is tracking it looses them most of the times.. Now I think that is just because it lost the person so it thinks they are gone.. it does not wait even for a sec or two and cuts out there. It has not learned that so far.. That is why I think mine is not learning.. with Deep AI but that is not a biggie since Auto tracking on these DEEP AI one is really really good to begin with..

bradner

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
For your location, that is just the perfect cam and FOV!

tech101

Known around here
Reaction score
Wow Amazing shots Parley is it smokey out there still ? Its clear down here in north California

Parley

Known around here
Reaction score
Yeah thank god finally we are in clear now.. I did clean some of the cams the other day they were dirty because of ash drops.. and also did clean the wiper On these LOL
I should say what you see in the picture is the marine layer. It will burn off shortly. However no smoke.

tech101

Known around here
Reaction score
Probably going to get camera in a month or so. Getting ready for the install already got the junction box and covered the hole in the back of junction box using some silicone and plastic cap from amazon.

1601745316998.jpeg1601745375136.jpeg
Also Put the rubber in places so it can naturally form into the shape that it seats in. so it does not fight me during the install..

1601745421913.jpeg

Waiting for corner mount now LOL the camera is going to be double stacked Here is a photoshop I did what it will look like LOL

1601745535236.png

I might End up switching some spots though which means 1 2.8 45x zoom will be above and new 4/3 at the bottom and the current 1 1.8 40x ptz will be on the other side of the house :) Will see but wanted to visualize how it will look LOL

bradner

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Waiting for corner mount now LOL the camera is going to be double stacked Here is a photoshop I did what it will look like LOL

I might End up switching some spots though which means 1 2.8 45x zoom will be above and new 4/3 at the bottom and the current 1 1.8 40x ptz will be on the other side of the house :) Will see but wanted to visualize how it will look LOL
It first I thought that was the current actual set-up. What stops you from mounting the cams up higher? With that big zoom, I'd try to go as high as possible , you might reach the curve of the horizon :). I'm drooling over your setup!! Can't wait to see everything up and running

tech101

Known around here
Reaction score
Yes, Thank you I am trying to mount it as low as possible of the space I have so that way I get face shots and not above of heads.. Will see how the above one goes. But That is the reason I am probably going to mount the best camera low so they can get me the best shots..

Cant wait to see this as well Soon will be getting to some installation in couple of weeks one i have some stuff in hand :)

tech101

Known around here
Reaction score
Camera is not here yet, But got the corner mount and junction box all mounted and ready with a help of a friend
IMG_0991.jpgIMG_0995.jpg.

Next step will be the cable and Conduit work... (Mounted the junction box upside down. Since the hole aligns much better with the Cable which will be coming out of the other Junction box. Plus it would not matter anyways for the camera since its a square.

Then Switching some cams around :)