Dahua 4MP POE Pin Out Guide?

badmop

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Anyone have information on the pin outs on the POE port on Dahua IP Cameras?
I would imagine, and with common sense, it should be the same across all models of Dahua cameras. I will be messing with one of the new 4MP Dome cameras. IPC-HDBW4421R-AS

I want to do some testing without crimping some cables and for future testing of my crazy projects. Currently it is being powered 12v by the pigtail and not POE at the moment.
Thanks for the input

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
What are you saying? Are you asking how you would re-wire the cam if you were to cut off the existing dongle?

All network ports are wired the same. Pins 1&2, 3&6 are used for data, and 4&5, 7&8 are used for PoE. 4&5 are for positive voltage. But you don't need to know any of that unless you are putting together a custom PoE network cable that doesn't get its power from a PoE port... Besides without looking at a picture you wouldn't even know which pin is number 1 and which is 8.

badmop

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Looking at the pigtail of the Dahua camera, with the clip part facing up, would that be pin 1? left to right 1 - 8?

I have a cat6 cable that is run already for an analog camera, I do not want to crimp an ethernet jack on it. I want to take a short piece of cat6 that has an ethernet jack on one end, and bare wires on the other. I want to plug the ethernet jack into the Dahua camera port, I then want to hand twist the bare end of the same small cat6 cable to the currently run cat6 cable that has bare ends on it also. (which 2 of the 8 cables are connected to an analog camera)

I have 6 wires out of 8 that aren't being used on the already run cat6 cable, so without having to unhook my analog camera, I want to temp wire (for 5 minutes) up the Dahua camera and see the view from it in that location. I am trying to figure out if I want to go with 2.8 lens right there or not. Also, I am not sure if the dome is going to work based on the situation, I may need to go with a gun type camera.

Does any of that make sense? I'm trying to prevent from having to make a whole new 100 foot ethernet cable just to test this right now, and I do not want to undo the wiring on my analog camera. So if I can temp wire an ethernet cable with only like 4 of the 8 wires for the data only (since I will be using the 12v power directly at the camera and not thru POE)

Regardless, I believe your original reply gives me the information I need for now, and future reference.
Thank you :)
(thinking about it, this is another situation I have over thought and normal ethernet cable wiring applies here, as you said, even with standard ethernet cable, pins 1&2, 3&6 are only used for data, the remaining wires are unused in standard cabling)

badmop

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Thanks, for some reason I assumed IP Cameras or Dahua would use some different wiring scheme, but that wouldn't be possible considering how ethernet has to be a standard wiring.

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
With this you should be able to achieve what you need. Remember a normal network cable is wired straight-through. e.g. both RJ45 connectors are wired exactly the same so if you hold up both ends of a cable you will see the same wire colors in the same order in both of them.