Dahua 4MP, power kicked, camera does not show up on NVR. Can ping IP but webpage login won't load

badmop

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Dahua 4MP, power kicked one day and now the camera does not show up on NVR. Can ping the IP and get a response but Dahua webpage login won't load.

It doesn't even show up in the ONVIF program scan for that IP at all.
I had this happen with this same camera before, but it reverted to the stock Dahua IP at 192.168.1.108 and I saw that and I could load the Dahua webpage at the .108 IP and all the settings were intact, just the IP reverted to stock. I changed it back to my 192.168.1.153 IP and it was good since. Now the other day the power kicked and all the cameras came back but this one. Now, it's not showing up as accessible to the NVR or Blue Iris. I can ping the 192.168.1.153 IP and it returns a response..

What's up here? I've tried rebooting it, I've tried rebooting the power supply, unplugged all other cameras, and only plugged in the problem one, nothing.. What gives?

It's getting power, and pings, but webpage login won't load, Onvif doesn't see it, NVR nor Blue Iris sees it.

Thanks

badmop

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
You might open it up and try the reset button. Put the system on a backups to prevent future issues.
Yea, I really don't want to have to remove it, lol. I really don't. I was thinking about swapping it out and then playing with it and see if it's still alive or on it's way out. It's only 2 years old ish. Open to any other ideas! :)

SyconsciousAu

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I had a 4mp IPC-HDBW4431R-ZS do something very similar recently. It was there on the network, but I wasn't getting a stream on it. I suspect that it may have defaulted at some stage, and the NVR trying to log in to it repeatedly with the wrong password locked it out. I had a spare so I spent 5 minutes changing it out, Factory reset the old one to chinese which gave me back 192.168.1.108 and admin:admin as the log in details, then upgraded the firmware with firmware from here.

Dahua Firmware Mod Kit + Modded Dahua Firmware

Hardest part was working out which menu changed it back to English from Chinese.