Dahua 8ch poe nvr duplicates all cameras

Juisseli

n3wb
Reaction score
Odd problem, as seen on picture attached, all 4 cameras (NVR4108-P + HDBW4200E) are connected to nvr's own PoE and all of them are duplicated, as first aid, i have changed the remote channel to 11 to confuse the nvr.. has anyone else had this kind of a problem?
kam.png

marid2apterbilt

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I would suspect you added them twice. You can add any camera as many times as you want. just click the red X and remove them.

Juisseli

n3wb
Reaction score
I would suspect you added them twice. You can add any camera as many times as you want. just click the red X and remove them.
Well, you suspect wrong. Why would i add them twice? Removing them doesn't help, they just pop back to the list.

jordanb

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I done something similar before, tech supports advice was to default the nvr and disconnect all cams, and add them in 1 at a time.

c hris527

Known around here
Reaction score
Did you purchase your cameras from the same place you purchased your NVR? I have a few systems out there that do this. The common link is for some reason the Dahua Cams I bought were from another Dahua rebrander. Ok what the heck I will name names here. I have a local guy I have dealt with, he sold me a Optiview NVR a few years back. I purchased a few cams from another Dahua rebrander (Nellys) and everything works great. Just have the ghost cams like you do and cannot make it go away. I suspect its a firmware issue but I have just lived with it because the end user cannot see or be bothered by this. I cannot let it drive me nuts and not had a lot of time to look into it either. If anyone out there can explain this I would be all ears.

Juisseli

n3wb
Reaction score
Did you purchase your cameras from the same place you purchased your NVR? I have a few systems out there that do this. The common link is for some reason the Dahua Cams I bought were from another Dahua rebrander. Ok what the heck I will name names here. I have a local guy I have dealt with, he sold me a Optiview NVR a few years back. I purchased a few cams from another Dahua rebrander (Nellys) and everything works great. Just have the ghost cams like you do and cannot make it go away. I suspect its a firmware issue but I have just lived with it because the end user cannot see or be bothered by this. I cannot let it drive me nuts and not had a lot of time to look into it either. If anyone out there can explain this I would be all ears.
I did purchase them from same place, so no help on that. I think i'll update firmware next..

Kawboy12R

Known around here
Reaction score
Skip tea. Beer or coffee, depending on time of day. :)