dahua a82A652 vs a21cg02

Mah1

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Hello everyone. I wonder if someone could help me out with some video problems I am having. I recently had a Dahua dvr model number X72A3A4 installed with some dahua eyeball cameras A21CG02 (1080p). I decided to upgrade one of the cameras from 1080p to 4k, so I purchased the A82A652 4k eyeball camera.

The problem l am having is that when I hook up the new camera, I am getting a series of horizontal lines across the image. Tried two different new 4k cameras same problem. Dip switch on the camera is set to CVI, when l change the dip switch to cvbs, lines go away but the picture quality drops significantly.

Aldo, the camera settings in the DVR, under ENCODE, camera the max frame rate is 7, even when l drop the camera resolution to 1080p (whereas with the old camera itbwas 30 fps at 1080). Even at 1080p setting on the new camera, l get the horizontal lines.

l attached a couple of pic of the settings page..

Anyone know why I am getting the horizontal lines, and why the max frame rate is set to 7 on the A82A652 camera?

Thanks in advance...

Attachments

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
On the lines, first check and see that both the camera and XVR are set to the same standard NTSC or PAL
Secondly, that bitrate is way to low. Try 6144 or 8192

Next on frame rate, that camera is probably only capable of 15FPS, the XVR is only capable of 7FPS with a 4K camera. Check your specs
Turn off h265 and use h.264 and see if you get a better frame rate.

Last edited:

Mah1

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Hi thank you for the reply. The max frame rate even under 1080p, l am getting the lines and max frame rate of 7...

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
Could be a lot of things, the cable?

Did you increase bitrate to 6144? Did you check the other things I mentioned?

Have you tried making the setting changes on the Camera GUI itself instead of the XVR? I dont have the new interface but on the older interface, you access the camera direct via the live preview and the PTZ function button. There are settings on the camera you wont find on the XVR

DVR-Access-CameraMenu.jpg

Mah1

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Could be a lot of things, the cable?

Did you increase bitrate to 6144? Did you check the other things I mentioned?

Have you tried making the setting changes on the Camera GUI itself instead of the XVR? I dont have the new interface but on the older interface, you access the camera direct via the live preview and the PTZ function button. There are settings on the camera you wont find on the XVR

View attachment 65531

Mah1

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Hi yes..l checked on the camera GUI, I set it to 4k, 6mp and 4pm all had lines. With the 6pm, frame rate option went up to 10. Camera Gui and the dvr both say ntsc protocol. The old camera works just fine,.but both new ones are giving me the lines...

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
Ok are you using the same exact cable? Anything different with power source from the old ones?

Mah1

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
No, the power source and all cabling is exactly the same....both new cameras 4k cameras give me the lines, the old ones (1080p) were installed 1 month ago and work great. using cat 6 with video balun on the end..

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
Hmmm I recently ran a new Dahua 4K IP cam on my old HCVR without trouble . We’re missing something simple...

What is exposure set to?

Mah1

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
exposure level is 7. exposure mode is auto. What is weird is that the frame rate option went up to 10 for 6mp, still not 15 but better than 7. Also now it is starting to get into the evening, and almost all if the banding is going away....there is only 1 slight band left across the screen...l wonder if some of the banding is due to the sun?

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
Not sure... you did try h.264 right? I know H265 can change things..

Mah1

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
yes for sure, l tried the h.264. l only have 1 slightly white band across the screen now. l may have to call tech support

Mah1

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
So actually I think it might be the video baluns used, the previous video balun might support 4k..l am ordering another set that supports 4k.