Dahua AI HFW3541EP-AS

Opeth

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hi guys i bought this ip ai camera to reduse false alarm i ser an intrusion with filter only human but it send me notification for cats. What ai is that?

Attachments

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Post screen shots of your settings - I don't have that particular camera, but the AI dahua's I have do not get false triggers for cats - you might have a wrong setup for it.

Opeth

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I set an ivs rule intrusion for human. What else?

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Did you put a min size, sensitivity, etc.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
You should leave min size at 0, but might need to come back to that based on other parameters.

Do you have smart motion detection enabled or disabled?

Does that cam have global setup for sensitivity.

Just because it is AI doesn't mean you do not need to adjust settings...one setting enabled can screw the whole thing...

We cannot help you if you do not post your settings...

Opeth

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I will post the setting tonight. I dont know if the camera has global setup and the smd is disable. Only the ivs is enable.
Another question is it better for a tripwire or intrusion for my area?

Opeth

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
And another problem is that i get notification on gdmss today from last night. Can anyone explain?

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I prefer intrusion with enter/exit as it gives the cam just a tad more time to id and AI the object. That could be the reason for tripping with a cat as well.

gdmss issue would need more info - is cam connected to internet, it there port forwarding, it is isolated from the internet, etc. as the reason and cause is different depending on your how the camera is connected to internet if at all.

Opeth

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
The camera is connected via poe injector to the router. Not use of nvr and on gdmss with p2p. Not port forwording. Is it better functonable with nvr connect?

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
We all gotta start somewhere, but eventually you will want to pull the camera off the internet and not use p2p. Your camera is exposed to internet and can put your entire home network at risk of being hacked. Read the wiki on how to secure your network and not get hacked.

Your video is in all likelihood bouncing all over the internet with P2P to reach the server, so that could be the reason sometimes for the delay in your notification.

Opeth

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
You should leave min size at 0, but might need to come back to that based on other parameters.

Do you have smart motion detection enabled or disabled?

Does that cam have global setup for sensitivity.

Just because it is AI doesn't mean you do not need to adjust settings...one setting enabled can screw the whole thing...

We cannot help you if you do not post your settings...
These are the setting on the event smart plan ivs

Attachments

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Make sure smart detection is disabled.

Ensure under smart plan that IVS is selected.

I would delete that IVS and make a new one and do not do anything with min/max size. Yours has a min size in it and I had problems with AI until I deleted the IVS and made a new one and left that as zero.

Opeth

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Make sure smart detection is disabled.

Ensure under smart plan that IVS is selected.

I would delete that IVS and make a new one and do not do anything with min/max size. Yours has a min size in it and I had problems with AI until I deleted the IVS and made a new one and left that as zero.
Before adding the min size i get the cats . Now i dont. Smd is already disable.
Is the fuction of the camera affect by nvr? I mean is working better with the nvr? Not an AI nvr like 4104

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
OK - strange it was picking up cats, but if you got it to work, that is what counts.

Nope - that camera should be sufficient to work on its own with AI. But if you have an incompatible NVR, then motion detection would probably be based on the NVR motion settings.

Opeth

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
After 1 week of using this camera( to fresh it up is connect to router via poe injector and not to nvr and micro sd card) i realise that if i have snapshot selected then i get notification with a snapshot 2 or 3 days ago but if i click the video on gdmss i see the real trigger reason. Strange i think. But if i unclick the snapshot then when trigger the alarm i dont received notifications. Why is that? Also what is record delay? I must check?

Attachments

Opeth

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Can anyone help me on this. Is driving me crazy. If i select snapshot on the intrusion then i get notifications live but the snapshot is 3 days ago. If i unchecked the snapshot then i dobt get notifications. Also sometimes it says no record.