Dahua/Amcrest remote viewin problem

Popeye

n3wb
Reaction score
Ok everyone here it goes. I have had my camera now for around 3 weeks. It works well with the Amcrest app on my phone, but Tech support for the life of me just can not get it right so I can remote view. It seems they have done everything and it always recognizes the camera but can not get a live feed. Either that or it kicks the camera offline and I have to start the whole process over when I get home. Then I go back to work and follow the instruction they give me to connect and I get nowhere. Could anyone possibly give me some clues as to what might be going on and why it is doing this? Thanks in advance.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
You can setup a vpn and completely solve your problem. Otherwise, Amcrest is simply overpriced rebranded dahua....try manually port forwarding the ports required...

Popeye

n3wb
Reaction score
They have helped me setup port forwarding and I still can not connect. When I try to add the camera it tells me :can not find the network host. how would port forwarding solve my problem if I can not find the network?

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
They have helped me setup port forwarding and I still can not connect. When I try to add the camera it tells me :can not find the network host. how would port forwarding solve my problem if I can not find the network?
They obviously don't know what they are doing...

Popeye

n3wb
Reaction score
I have come to the same conclusion.I guess that's what you get from Tech Support from another country. Pretty sad!

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I have come to the same conclusion.I guess that's what you get from Tech Support from another country. Pretty sad!
port forwarding is not a secure method of remote view....use vpn

Popeye

n3wb
Reaction score
I think I read somewhere that not all routers support the vpn method. I have the UBEE modem but not sure what all it is capable of.