Dahua Audio cutting in/out IPC-HDW4631C-A

Didact74

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Since I am the lucky admin of our current system of now 91 (yes 91) Dahua 6MP IP cams and 4 NVRs, it it my responsibility to figure out these audio issues we are having on 2 newly installed IPC-HDW4631C-A turrets with built in Microphones. I will try to upload an Audio clip in a little while but I wanted to get the thread started in the mean time. First, these cams are installed in a secure sound proof room that is visibly marked and used as an area where conversations are required to be recorded. That's about all I can say about that....lol. No laws are being violated.

Each of these cameras produce the same issue. The audio sounds like its cutting in and out randomly giving the sound a very "choppy" feel. There will be 3 - 5 seconds that go by that sound great, then it happens again for a few seconds.

I have the settings applied as suggested here in many threads.

G .711A
and filter set to off

I thought it may be network issues with real time monitoring so I pulled a short recorded clip from the NVR and the issue was on the recording as well. Both cameras have the same issue. I temporarily installed a third on the bench and it did the same thing. All video is smooth so I am hoping its not a network issue.

Is there a setting or a trick someplace that I am missing?

Thanks,

Didact74

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Well the common denominator here is me, and I feel pretty dumb but rather than not reply I figure maybe this will help someone else.

There wasn't a damn thing wrong with the cameras, they sound great. It was the stupid audio card I have in my PC that I was using to test everything. I took one of the recorded clips over to another work station and played it from there and it sounds perfect. I then ran some powered speakers to the back of the NVR and again, sounds great.

Sorry for the wasted bandwidth on this question.

Carry on......

Didact74

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Eh, I don't care, I'm human...lol. Sometimes we start looking for the most complicated solutions when the simple ones are right in front of us. Maybe someone will benefit from my oversight.