Dahua Audio Problems

MacNCheese

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I've just installed my first Dahua with Audio and I'm less than impressed. It's so bad I think there's something wrong with it. The first problem is that even the slightest gust of wind gives a lot of mic noise. The second problem is there's a lot of static noise if it picks up any sound.

Is the wind noise normal - I assumed it wouldn't be so bad as they are outside cameras.

Is there anything I can do about the static/crackle or is this just a dud microphone?

Camera is a IPC-HDW4431C-A

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
That is normal for wind noise. The wind is particularly heavy in that video. Some cameras (hikvision) have a noise reduction feature (environmental filter), the dahua may have one as well.

MacNCheese

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Thanks Fenderman. I thought it would be normal. I'm assuming that the crackling is coming because the wind is maxing out the mic?

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks Fenderman. I thought it would be normal. I'm assuming that the crackling is coming because the wind is maxing out the mic?
I dont think its coming from clipping, rather its simply the wind and the mic likely has no windscreen..

MacNCheese

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I'm getting the crackling on any audio - if a car goes by I also get the crackle.

MacNCheese

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
So I've got it sorted after a lot of mucking around. I had it plugged into my NVR POE built in switch so couldn't access the audio settings, and when I put it on the regular POE switch network it kept it's 10.1.1.x address from the NVR. It seems to have no reset button to I had to change my network to 10.1.1.x and log in and change it to DHCP and all is well again. If I could go back I'd get an NVR without POE and just have a stand alone switch.... but I digress!

It was set to a G.177A coding so I changed it to MJPEG and turned off the Environmental Noise Filtering. I'll put some samples up on the main thread I started soon.

tygger

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Did you ever get this sorted out?

MacNCheese

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Yep, changing the audio to MJPEG and removing the noise filter. The noise filer seems to make it sound like the mic is in a tin can.

luder888

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Does the IPC-HDW4431 have wide dynamic range? If it doesn't, how's the shadow look on a bright day?