Dahua audio

dcmkii

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Hi guys

Question about setting up audio in and out for Dahua compatiable cameras.
Do you need to plug in an audio cable from the camera to the nvr for this to work? Or can the audio in/out function be used solely from plugging in the cat6 cable.

Currently I've plugged it in via cat6 cable only and enabled the audio setting in the nvr but can't hear anything via the mobile app.

Thoughts?

Kevin Penney

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
The audio is carried over the ethernet cable as well. If you have it enabled on your camera's settings, volume up high enough, and you still can't hear, check if your camera has built in mic or requires an external microphone.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Kevin Penney

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Oh, your audio has to be enabled in the NVR settings as well for each individual camera.
Kevin

Kevin Penney

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
That model doesn't come up as a valid model

Kevin Penney

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Yes, you should be able to hear audio thru either the monitor connected to your NVR, or through the mobile app.

Brazeal

n3wb
Reaction score
Also tried it on my other one
IPC-HDW5442TM-AS - Dahua

Enabled audio on the main and sub stream in the individual camera setting as well. No luck.
You should be able to hear it from the live stream via mobile right?
Did you also disable the noise filter under the camera settings for the mic and mic volume at 100?
I hear sound on my mobile BI app, but you have to click the speaker icon.

Kevin Penney

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
That was a good suggestion. I had forgotten that I have noise reduction turned off on all my cameras, mic volume set at 100. But you mentioned that you only hear fuzz, or I'm assuming you meant white noise. The only thing I could guess is your source wasn't saved as internal mic, but maybe line in. You are using the internal mic, correct? If you have an external microphone connected I might have a few other suggestions.

shalem2014

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
It's in the camera's UI. Apparently the NVR doesn't expose that particular setting, so you'll have to get a PC/laptop on the camera network and pull up the camera's configuration page directly.

dcmkii

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
@shalem2014 thanks i managed to find the setting when logging into the camera directly via the web.

I could only hear the fumbling sound of holding the camera when i used the mobile app @Brazeal , i yelled quite loud and still couldn't hear my voice projecting through the mobile.
So strange, it's as if the mic doesn't pick up human voice HAHA

dcmkii

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Ok managed to get it working on the 5442TM-AS, had to speak quite loud close to the camera and the audio was just audible on the mobile.
i already turned my volume to the highest on my samsung s8 and highest on the mic settings at 100%

DH-IPC-HFW5442E-ZE - Dahua
This is the bullet version, the only option I saw in the camera setting was Line-In.....even though it said built in Mic on the dahua website. Strange.

Kevin Penney

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
There are very cheap add on microphones out there, but the annoying thing is they need they're own 12vdc power supply. I don't understand why they produce these cameras with line in audio, but don't provide a dc output to power the mic. It would be such a simple thing to add.

shalem2014

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
If you really want/need better audio and are good with electronics/soldering, you can upgrade the microphone inside the camera. I've done this with a few Amcrest cameras with great results. Any of these microphones will do a great job (if sourcing from another supplier, look for microphones with >64dB S/N ratio and > -28dB sensitivity).

If your camera has a line-in but no internal microphone, you'll need to get a powered/amplified microphone (you can find some on Amazon with the search term "CCTV microphone"). These would need an external power source, however. An electronics savvy person could hack the camera to find a suitable source of power inside the camera and run the wire out, or add an internal amplifier board (with bias) so that a regular condenser mic could be connected to the external line-in cable. Or just add a bias resistor inside the camera which would make a regular condenser microphone work when connected to the line-in, but the sensitivity would be very low due to the lack of amplification.

Bryan

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I'm working on the same issue with my IPC-B5442E-Z4E from Andy. I used a powered mike on the audio in on the camera. Microseven M7WP-MIC ordered from Amazon. It picks up and plays back through the NVR's powered speakers, also to the GDMSS app on my smartphone. Since I'm using a separate IR light near the camera (SC spiders & moth problems) I tapped off the 12VDC power for the light. Amazon sells the standard pigtails, even the mic comes with a split connector for power. BUT - the audio OUT on the camera - hooked powered speakers to it - NOTHING. From the GDMSS app when you talk using the "Mic" menu button, you can hear sound (loud) thru the NVR speakers, but never thru the camera audio OUT speakers. Oops - forgot to mention I am using CAT 6 cable to the camera. No RCA cable.

Bryan

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
@Bryan so the Microseven M7WP-MIC is using the power from the default IR to power it up? or is it self powered
It needs external power 12VDC to make it work. It's mentioned on others posts in forums. Since I learned in buggy SC to use a separate IR light spaced a ways from the camera, I just tapped power going to it via 14 AWG wire to power the microphone.