Dahua Auto-Tracking? SD49425XB-HNR

Reaction score
Glad the explanation helped!

Get out of that area LOL. All that will do is frustrate the you know what out of you.

Do these steps:
  1. Create a preset
  2. Turn off Motion Detection and Smart Motion Detection
  3. Create Smart Plan and add Deep IVS plan for the preset
  4. Go to Deep IVS and create a rule. I would suggest an intrusion box outlining the area you want coverage. Select appears and crosses for the box
  5. Go to the boxes that says human and vehicles and check those.
  6. Do not put a min size in the settings to the left.
  7. Set the tracking time for the length of time you want it to track.
BOOM. BAM. DONE. Now the AI of the PTZ will only track humans and vehicles and not shadows and leaves...
This is a GREAT simple tutorial. I have a question....#7 above, I assume that is in the rule config of Deep IVS? I can't see it in my Rule config. It's driving me crazy that my cam (bought the SD49225XA-HNR from @EMPIRETECANDY on Amazon) suddenly stopped autotracking. It worked great at first. The problem I'm having is I've been tinkering (as my name implies..heehee) with the camera settings and my BI settings and just recently noticed that the autotracking stopped working as did my PTZ controls from BI. I'm almost to the point of removing it from BI, factory resetting and re-setup the camera and it's use in BI, but I thought I'd ask you for input first.

I used your instructions above and realized I had both Motion detection and Smart Motion Detection enabled. I turned those off. But it's still not tracking. I did (about 3 weeks ago) upgrade the firmware from Dahua...did that break something? Here's my version info....

Device Type SD49225XA-HNR

System Version V2.810.0000025.3.R.P9.2520.UN.NR, Build Date: 2021-07-05

WEB Version V3.2.1.1082385

ONVIF Version 20.06(V2.9.0.979397)

PTZ Version V2.401.0000000.64.RHNZ_200219_34642

S/N 7D0D40EPAJ38D6F

Security Baseline Version V2.1

Thanks for the help in advance... :)

ljw2k

Known around here
Reaction score
I take it didn't come with Firmware System Version V2.810.0000025.3.R.P9.2520.UN.NR, Build Date: 2021-07-05

Reaction score
I take it didn't come with Firmware System Version V2.810.0000025.3.R.P9.2520.UN.NR, Build Date: 2021-07-05
No it didn't. I "upgraded" But I just found another thread here....THAT is my problem. This upgrade to the "official" version removed autotracking! Thank God the camera allowed me to revert to @EMPIRETECANDY 's firmware without issue. I JUST finished and now have autotracking back. I'm SO HAPPY! LOL!

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Yep, thank goodness you could rollback.

Usually a firmware update is to fix a security vulnerability, which if your cameras are isolated from the internet, then the update does you no good.

A common theme around here is don't fix what ain't broke. If the unit is working and meets your needs, in many instances an update breaks what you had working and provides you with something you didn't need. A Dahua Z12E that someone updated and then constantly reboots comes to mind, and this Dahua PTZ that loses autotracking with an update come to mind, a Hikvision ANPR camera losing half the FPS and loses the ability to read US plates - those are big deals to have happen. Don't do it unless it is fixing a problem you are experiencing or adds a feature you really need.

Reaction score
Yep, thank goodness you could rollback.

Usually a firmware update is to fix a security vulnerability, which if your cameras are isolated from the internet, then the update does you no good.

A common theme around here is don't fix what ain't broke. If the unit is working and meets your needs, in many instances an update breaks what you had working and provides you with something you didn't need. A Dahua Z12E that someone updated and then constantly reboots comes to mind, and this Dahua PTZ that loses autotracking with an update come to mind, a Hikvision ANPR camera losing half the FPS and loses the ability to read US plates - those are big deals to have happen. Don't do it unless it is fixing a problem you are experiencing or adds a feature you really need.
Funny thing is, I thought I had an issue the update would fix, but it was minor (can't even remember what it was now...lol) but later learned it was a setting I did wrong.

Won't happen again for sure. My cameras are isolated and don't allow traffic outside my LAN.

Reaction score
No it didn't. I "upgraded" But I just found another thread here....THAT is my problem. This upgrade to the "official" version removed autotracking! Thank God the camera allowed me to revert to @EMPIRETECANDY 's firmware without issue. I JUST finished and now have autotracking back. I'm SO HAPPY! LOL!
Hey, can you help with same problem, did you find old firmware somewhere, if where.

ljw2k

Known around here
Reaction score
Are you logged in via IE ( Internet Exporer ) if not then I would suggest that you do so.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
HA! I am giving up on it.

The seller said it "should work", Andy said it has the correct firmware. No one can or will provide the firmware currently on it which is supposed to be the correct version for auto tracking.

I blew extra money on false advertising and a gypsy seller. Lesson learned. I will try Hikvision on my next project.
You are talking to Andy, so why not just buy it from Andy instead of a gypsy seller? I cannot believe they sold that for less than Andy does...and even if it was cheaper, certainly not large enough to justify not having autotrack or the wait time it probably took to get it. Does the gypsy seller offer free returns, or are you on the hook for that, thus cutting into any "savings" you may have seen...

And if you are buying stuff off Ali - who is to say the Hikvision you buy from a gypsy won't be worse...

Are you sure it is Explorer and not Windows bating and switching it to Edge? Confirm it not by logo, but by pulling up the about while at the camera gui and confirm it says Explorer.

Those two tabs would be there whether it was autotracking or not, so it is clearly a problem on your end.

This camera is ABSOLUTELY sensitive to the browser.

Did you try a factory reset on the unit?

Last edited:

sebastiantombs

Known around here
Reaction score
Great solution. Buy from an unknown seller. Get a product that isn't what said seller told you it was. Blame the product and not the seller. You still got two excellent PTZ cameras but no auto tracking. You can also do auto tracking, of sorts, using overview cameras to trigger it to move to presets when they see motion.

The firmware is listed, somewhere, here and multiple times if that is, indeed the problem. Just look for it. A word of caution, you may very well have hacked Chinses version firmware so upgrading it may actually brick the cameras.

tibimakai

Known around here
Reaction score
I have upgraded to Windows 11, and I can't get Internet Explorer to show up. When I click on the icon, Edge shows up. Anybody knows a workaround?
Sorry about posting here, but I did not want to start a new thread only for this.
I have even downloaded and installed IE 11, and still won't open up.

sebastiantombs

Known around here
Reaction score
You have upgraded yourself out if IE from what I've seen so far, unless there's a workaround I haven't heard of. The dangers of being on the bleeding edge of OSes. Alternately try Pale Moon 32 bit.