Dahua baby camera recommendation

Dseg42

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hello - I have a lot of Dahua cameras with a mix of HDW5231R-Z, HDW5231R-ZE, T5442TM-AS, etc.
Wondering if I should get a PTZ camera with zoom, so I could zoom into the crib at night but have the full room during the day.
Just wondering if any one has feedback on either a good camera for a baby room or ideas/positions on the best way to monitor it.

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Consider the Amcrest IP2M-841, a re-branded Dahua. It is ONVIF compatible, provides RTSP, is 1080p, IR, 2-way audio plus mike in/speaker out, has pan/tilt/digital zoom, record to micro SD card, wired or wireless and has alarm in/out, great with Blue Iris, VLC, etc. Comes with wall/ceiling mount, 1/4"-20 tripod mount female insert on bottom. Available in black or white for under $40, silver is more ($55 at this time, I think).

As far as browsers, it works with Pale Moon (32bit), SeaMonkey, IE, Safari 11, Firefox 49.0 and Chrome with Amcrest Web View Extension.

I've installed 4 of the V2 versions and 3 of it's lower-res (720p) cousins in the last 4 years and all have functioned with no hiccups.

I currently use 3 of them with Blue Iris; 1 on front porch to look at deliveries, 1 in garage and 1 in sunroom to watch the dogs; two of the 3 is operating on Wi-Fi. I have also set one up with Tinycam Pro on a Sony smart TV (Android).

VERY hard to beat for $40, IMO

EDIT #2 of 4/1/21: V3 as pictured does NOT provide relay I/O nor jacks for an external mic and speaker.

IP2M-841W_front_rear.jpg

Last edited:
As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.