Dahua C46 or Hikvision DS-2CD2463G0-I(W)?

swooosh83

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi,

I'm thinking about getting the Dahua C46, but I couldn't find any reviews on it. I was wondering if anyone has tried it and what your thoughts are.
C46/C26-Dahua Consumer

I'd also like to know if there's a required monthly fee?
And can I connect/record with my Lorex NVR?

Thanks.

Edit:
I'm now considering the Hikvision DS-2CD2463G0-I(W).
DS-2CD2463G0-I(W) - Hangzhou Hikvision Digital Technology Co. Ltd.

My understanding is that Lorex is a rebranded Dahua. So, I'm wondering:

(A) is the Hikvision cam better than the Dahua,
(B) if there are conflicts with using the Hikvision cam with the Lorex NVR, and
(C) are the conflicts worth it?

I'm mainly interested in recording to my NVR and horizontal field of view.

Last edited:

Euly

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I've looked at one of those as an easy in-door camera, but the main problem is that the camera does not use Power over Ethernet. Even if you plan on using its WiFi function (which is a bad idea), you would still need a nearby power source. As far as camera functions, my guess is that the consumer-end Dahua's are likely missing nicer features/functions. Do yourself a favor, when you are ready to buy a Dahua camera, contact@EMPIRETECANDY
Andy is a really good guy. He can quote you Dahua cameras for the best prices and the best shipping.
I don't know if a Lorex NVR would accept the camera. Lorex products may only work with other Lorex products, but I may be wrong.

Last edited:

nbstl68

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Have you looked at the new Wyze Cam Pan camera?
I do not have one so not promoting it . Just saw a recent ad for it. 45 reviews on the site,some 1 star some 5 star...like any other reviews..who really knows.
$30 bucks 1080 res
Not sure of the FOV deg
It says it has:
Motion tracking
Time lapse
360 deg panning
Two-way audio
It also says "pan \tilt" but I don't see a way for it to tilt. Just states "360° horizontal view & 93° vertical view"

A big plus IMO is it has "Free, Rolling, 14-Day Cloud Storage: You have free access to saved motion and sound-triggered alert videos for rolling 14 days, in perpetuity."
("Perpetuity to me of course means as long as they decide to offer it or stay in business as we know stuff like this could always go away.)
This is not POE. 2.4G Wifi only

Oh also I assume no ONVIF as someone mentioned in a review no ability to record to a network NAS or other than to the Cloud or SD card.

Last edited:

swooosh83

n3wb
Reaction score
Have you looked at the new Wyze Cam Pan camera?
I do not have one so not promoting it . Just saw a recent ad for it. 45 reviews on the site,some 1 star some 5 star...like any other reviews..who really knows.
$30 bucks 1080 res
Not sure of the FOV deg
It says it has:
Motion tracking
Time lapse
360 deg panning
Two-way audio
It also says "pan \tilt" but I don't see a way for it to tilt. Just states "360° horizontal view & 93° vertical view"

A big plus IMO is it has "Free, Rolling, 14-Day Cloud Storage: You have free access to saved motion and sound-triggered alert videos for rolling 14 days, in perpetuity."
("Perpetuity to me of course means as long as they decide to offer it or stay in business as we know stuff like this could always go away.)
This is not POE. 2.4G Wifi only

Oh also I assume no ONVIF as someone mentioned in a review no ability to record to a network NAS or other than to the Cloud or SD card.
Thanks for the suggestion. I need to record to my NVR though.

Euly

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Be careful when considering inexpensive equipment. You get what you pay for, to a limit (the tech industry does tend to gouge, which is why I recommend Andy because he is ethical). The problem with inexpensive equipment is the manufacturers cut corners in many ways to bring the price down, and although you may not care about those corners, they can often be punishing to the point that compromises the camera's purpose. For example, you mentioned the 14-day cloud storage for event recording - if the camera's sensitivity is too high or low, you will get either so many videos that it will be nearly impossible to review, or you will hardly get any videos. To make matters worse, with event recording, you will often get videos that start too late or end too soon, which will miss critical moments. You will find situations in which the camera's own noise triggers events. More expensive cameras will allow you to avoid these problems and demonstrate their value.

It's easy to look at an inexpensive camera and think "Well, it's only $30, so the risk is not high." But once you get the camera and realize how bad it is, then you'll think "I can't believe I just wasted $30, I could have spent that on a nice lunch."

Last edited: