Dahua cam suddenly unreachable

HelpMe3

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi

I have 5 dahua
IPC-HDBW4300E-AS
type cams, which all worked fine until one didn't give a live feed anymore. I did get this sometimes with other cams so just resetting my switch or nvr worked. However this time it still wouldn't come back online. I tried searching it using nmap, I found the 4 other cams but cam 5 was nowhere to be seen. This was strange to me because the cam gave light and such so it appeared to have POE. As a means of last resort I unscrewed the cam and pressed the reset button, the reset was succesful as the green light went out and it reseted. However the cam still isn't online / reachable via nmap. All cams had static ips but this shouldn't matter as the cam is now reset and should heve factory ip adress.

What should I do now ?

Thx 4 reading

HelpMe3

n3wb
Reaction score
Could try temporarily unmounting it, bringing it closer to the NVR, and reconnecting with a different cable (that you know is good).
Do you think the cable is at fault ? because it still gets power through it ?

aristobrat

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
It's possible for the cable to fail in a way where the wire pairs used for power are still fine but the ones used for data are not. Cable usually isn't the fault, but since you've already done about as much troubleshooting on the camera end that you can (i.e. you did a hard reset), the cable is usually the next thing to verify anyway.

K175un3

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hello HelpMe3, it's either a cam or cable issue as aristocrat has already mentioned.

Did you terminate your own ethernet cables or use off the shelf ones?

And you can either go to the cam with a laptop, POE ethernet switch or injector, a known good cable and test it or bring it inside for a while.

You'll need to use the same password as is on your NVR and remember to change the IP of your ethernet adapter on your PC to the same as your NVR to access it properly.

Best of luck, hopefully the cable has a bad connection and is easily fixed.

HelpMe3

n3wb
Reaction score
It's possible for the cable to fail in a way where the wire pairs used for power are still fine but the ones used for data are not. Cable usually isn't the fault, but since you've already done about as much troubleshooting on the camera end that you can (i.e. you did a hard reset), the cable is usually the next thing to verify anyway.
Yea I i thought so , I already tried using other port on my switch but with no succes :/ . Unmounting the whole cam does seem like a lot of work , is there however a possibility of directly connecting the cam instead to the switch to a lan poe switch that I use on my routers , which has 1 input lan and 1 outut POE lan . Then directly connec it to my pc , bypassing switches and router ?

K175un3

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
HelpMe3, of course. I mentioned that in my previous post.