Dahua camera and Imou Life app compatibility

Errrr

n3wb
Reaction score
I noticed most of the Dahua cameras sold are advertised to be working with the Imou Life app (and sometimes specifically the Imou cloud).

Recently I acquired a secondhand DH-SD22204T-GN. In another topic here in relation to firmware we established this as one of the oldest models (16mb ROM). It’s a Dahua outdoor PTZ dome.

I managed to link this camera to the Imou app through the Easy4Ip option (also known as P2P I’m told). When adding a camera the app has a separate category called ‘IPC Others’. It recognized the camera as a PTZ camera and it can handle the live view and PTZ actions. Unfortunately none of the motion detection, playback and notifications on this camera work through the Imou Life app (even after configuring them through the web approach of this camera).

As I own several other Imou cameras I really wish to use this Dahua camera in the Imou app and not in the DMSS app. I did not purchase an Imou PTZ camera as they don’t make any outdoor dome PTZ cameras.

Does anyone know if the newer Dahua cameras have all the functionalities in the Imou Life app? And just these older one’s don’t. Or are the Dahua cameras just not compatible to the motion detection, notifications, playback and cloud storage through Imou?

Last edited:

ludshed

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Where did you see dahua advertisements?

Errrr

n3wb
Reaction score
I did not see any advertisements. I see webshops advertise the cameras as compatible with Imou Life. I'm just wondering if other camera types support more functionalities then the one I own.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
What money does IMOU make allowing Dahua cameras on their cloud?

As an example, you used to be able to connect a Dahua NVR system to the Lorex app and many people did that because while the interface is basically the same as the Dahua DMSS, it just flowed easier and was easier for people to use. You cannot do that anymore and Lorex only allows Lorex units on their app.

You will always get the best compatibility/functionality matching brand with their app.

Errrr

n3wb
Reaction score
The cloud storage has paid plans. Also it was my understanding Dahua and Imou are the same company?

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
And up until recently, Lorex and Dahua were the same company. And Amcrest, and Empiretech, and hundreds of other vendors selling Dahua OEM cameras.

But IMOU is made for cloud-based systems more than Dahua is. If you want to use and get the most functionality out of the IMOU app, then you should buy cameras designed for that app.

Errrr

n3wb
Reaction score
I understand but unfortunately they don't sell any outdoor dome PTZ camera's and Dahua does. And as some webshops advertise Dahua PTZ dome's as Imou Life and Cloud compatible I was simply wondering if anyone has any experience with that combination and what functionalities are available in the Imou app.

ludshed

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
And up until recently, Lorex and Dahua were the same company. And Amcrest, and Empiretech, and hundreds of other vendors selling Dahua OEM cameras.

But IMOU is made for cloud-based systems more than Dahua is. If you want to use and get the most functionality out of the IMOU app, then you should buy cameras designed for that app.
^^^
Flir sold off there visible side and merged with digimerge to become dahua.